Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa rejection 214b

Hello Everyone,

I have gone through the visa interview for B1 today.

Its been scheduled at 11.00AM, IST but i have entered the consulate at 12.30PM, IST. Its taken from Chennai consulate office.

I have got rejected and given 214b. Please help me out the next steps. I hardly needed the next steps also anyone please help me how to avoid next time 214b. I have given my question and answers below,

Me: Good Afternoon mam

VO: Yes, Passport Please

Me: Yes mam, Provide the passport.

VO: Why are you going to USA?

Me: I am going to attend business strategic planning and client meetings.

VO: Whats your salary?

Me: 8.4Lakhs/Annum

VO: How many years of experience you are having in this current compnay?

Me: I have around 6+Yrs experience in this company.

VO: Why its 6weeks stay in USA?

Me: Its mentioned 6weeks but hardly 3 or 4weeks will be back even i got my invitation for 4weeks only. I asked her tat do you want to see my invitation letter?

VO: She said that please show the invitation letter?

Me: I showed the letter

VO. You have 6+yrs experience in the same company but why they are calling you now only?

MO: i have started to work with this clients past 2yrs onwards only closely. So the client wants to meet someone from India team for this time. So i represent my India team.

VO: Type something finally given 214B

Please some one advise me also i got little nervous as its fist time for me.

I also didnt go any other country . Its my first time visit outside India. I have rescheduled my appointment actually we book may 6th only due to meeting rescheduled april 29th

I dressed clean formal shoe only.

Please advise me to avoid the 214b next time aslo when can i apply

Based on your own writing above, below are my observations:
    1. You really need to work on your English. A person representing his company to client(s) in USA, really need to have good English.
    2. You should always stick to one thing, 6 weeks in DS160 with invitation for 3 OR 4 weeks feels fishy. Stick to one agenda, let it be 2 weeks - but it should match everywhere, along with day-to-day agenda for your visit.
    3. 0.84M is not so good salary for a person with 6+ years experience, also there is nothing like "Lakhs" in English - you could have said "Rs. 840 Thousand per annum".
    4. What is your designation & are you senior enough to visit USA & attend this meeting ? Meaning a Software Engineer should not attend strategic planing meetings, while a Project Manager can.
    5. Are you married - Married people have better chances of getting the visa.
    6. What was mentioned in the invitation letter - Did that shows your detailed Agenda, Is it worth enough to emphasize on the importance of you visiting them?
    7. "i have started to work with this clients past 2yrs onwards only closely. So the client wants to meet someone from India team for this time. So i represent my India team." Is not at all a good answer.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

From US State Department https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-denials.html

INA Section 214(b) - Visa Qualifications and Immigrant Intent

What does a visa denial under INA section 214(b) mean? This law applies only to nonimmigrant visa categories. If you are refused a visa under section 214(b), it means that you:
      • Did not sufficiently demonstrate to the consular officer that you qualify for the nonimmigrant visa category you applied for; and/or
      • Did not overcome the presumption of immigrant intent, required by law, by sufficiently demonstrating that you have strong ties to your home country that will compel you to leave the United States at the end of your temporary stay. (H-1B and L visa applicants, along with their spouse and any minor children, are excluded from this requirement.)
      What are considered strong ties to my home country?
      Ties are the various aspects of your life that bind you to your home country. Strong ties vary from country to country, city to city, and person to person, but examples include:
      • Your job;
      • Your home; and/or
      • Your relationships with family and friends.
      While conducting visa interviews, consular officers look at each application individually and consider the applicant's circumstances, travel plans, financial resources, and ties outside of the United States that will ensure the applicant
      2019/02/27 PD
      2019/03/09 Received Receipts
      2019/03/15 Received Biometrics Appt.
      2019/03/26 Biometrics Appt.
      2019-04-01 Case ready to to be scheduled for interview
      2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS
      2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.
      2019-05-21 Card in production
      2019-05-23 Update that USPS picked up the card
      2019-05-24 I-130 and I-485 Approval Letters received via USPS.
      2019-05-29 Green Card Received

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X