Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My purpose of B1 visit doesn't match my business in home country

Need Advice!

My question is regarding b1 (business category visa)

I am very confused about my interview!

In every interview I saw here regarding attending the meeting (conference, training etc.) have Connection with the business one already do in home country. BUT my scenario is totally different.

I am going to US to exhibit Ladies/Men Garments (clothing), jewelry for which ill be attending exhibitions in different cities of US where such events/exhibitions takes place.

In my country I am doing house construction business for the past 6 to 8 years, the business I do here doesn’t relates with business I’ll be doing in US, I see so many interviews where the VO asks how is this exhibition/meeting/tarining related to your business ? How do I answer this question? As I will be doing totally opposite there of what I do here.

May be the VO asks me aren’t u satisfied with your current business? why have u opted for totally different thing to do in US with no such back ground? Aren’t u happy earning here as I can see your mentioned earning is very good. How can I tackle this question?

Second scenario is that I should lie to them that I have garments business/shop here in Pakistan and I want to exhibit my products to Pakistanis/Indians living in US in order to grow my business.

Kindly help! thanks!

Originally posted by zeesh.gul View Post
    In my country I am doing house construction business for the past 6 to 8 years, the business I do here doesn’t relates with business I’ll be doing in US, I see so many interviews where the VO asks how is this exhibition/meeting/tarining related to your business ? How do I answer this question? As I will be doing totally opposite there of what I do here.
    There is no such requirement to have the same business in your home country & what you are going to do in USA. You can fairly say that you are looking for new opportunity. When VO asks, that how is some exhibition related to your business, you can say that it doesn't relate, but you are willing to invest in new business.

Remember for B visas - you only need to prove that you'll return back to your home country. Ensure NOT to say that you'll be thinking to stay permanently in USA.

May be the VO asks me aren’t u satisfied with your current business? why have u opted for totally different thing to do in US with no such back ground? Aren’t u happy earning here as I can see your mentioned earning is very good. How can I tackle this question?
    Tell the truth, say you want to explore new opportunities - wanna try something new. Family will take care of the existing business.

Second scenario is that I should lie to them that I have garments business/shop here in Pakistan and I want to exhibit my products to Pakistanis/Indians living in US in order to grow my business.
    I've only one suggestion here. NEVER EVER LIE ... it will be beneficial for "you" in long run.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X