Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 Visa - Looking to apply again after first rejection- 214(b).Please advise my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - Looking to apply again after first rejection- 214(b).Please advise my case

As per the suggestions on immihelp , i gave some cooling period after my B1 VISA rejection(214(b)) in Feb 2019. Also, it gave me some time to reflect on the reasons of denial.
    After re-scanning out the DS-160 form , which is filled by company travel agent , i can could see some possible mistakes :

-- The visa category in my form was BUSINESS & TOURISM (TEMPORARY VISITOR) (B1/B2) , although i think it should have been BUSINESS/CONFERENCE(B1)
    This is because my purpose was for business itself and that is what I highlighted in my interview when asked of the purpose.
    -- In my DS-160 form i cannot see the purpose(Knowledge transfer sessions) written in any column by the company agent.
    -- In my interview i highlighted the purpose -
    I need to understand the new functional requirements for our Source to Pay project ..and some knowledge transfer sessions on project roadmap
    As suggested on this site , this does not map to my role of Senior Software Engineer.

Q1- Do you guys agree that the above are significant reasons for rejection?

Now, my company wants me to re-apply and this time as there is a training for a week which they need to send 5 people to US.

Now as per my purpose , i'm going to state that
    I am required to attend mandatory training on our product suite in the United States. Post training, I am required to return to India and further coach the team in ZZZ_CITY, India on the same.
    Q2- Does this purpose align well with the role of a Senior Software Engineer or it needs modification?Suggest please?

The 214(b) form says that there should be a considerable change in circumstances. My salary has increased a bit , but nothing else has changed , except for my purpose which is more aligned with my role in project.

Q3- Does it make sense to apply again since i feel there were some DS-160 mistakes that might have caused the previous refusal?

Note:- My company in India and my company in US have similar names - YYYY XX India and YYYY XX Inc

Q4- Will the officer think that the US company is same and not a client that is inviting me?

Lastly , we are 5 of us that need to attend the training.

Q5 - Should we apply the same day(same appointment) as that would showcase that it is indeed a training , or should we apply different dates?

Q6 - Should i fill the form myself , or let the company agent fill it so that it seems more legit. Ofcourse, I will be scanning it over and over this time to iron out any mistakes.

Looking forward for you advise/suggestions please.

Can someone advise on this please?

Comment

- I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X