Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa rejected twice in a month

Hi all,

i was denied a b1/b2 visa twice in the past 2 months under 214(b).

Profile:
    Applied in Singapore (working since 6 years in Singapore, 1 year in current firm, 5 years in previous)
    Indian
    27 y.o
    Single
    Travelled to 20+ countries
    Well to do job and salary in IT sector in US based firm

My company had provided me with letters both times, one with a 2.5 month purpose, the V.O expected itinerary which i did not have, got rejected.

Reapplied after a month with a 3 weeks purpose and itinerary, officer suspected time sensitive schedule means work told me to apply for different category, rejected again.

My question is i want to travel to US for tourist based purposes in the next year, since i dont plan to change my job soon, will the 2.5 months purpose still be strictly looked upon because i would only be applying for tourism purposes but my employer would still have a branch in US.

Moreover is there anything else i could do in terms of waiting which will strengthen my case?
    How long i should i wait before all things cool down?

in cases of countries like UK, canada, australia and new zealand how will business denial impact my tourism chances?

please help

I guess your first rejection was because of your request to stay 2.5 months (which doesn't seems realistic for a business visa). You should not have booked your itinerary before you secure your visa. USCIS never suggest that - instead recommends to not do so.

If there is really no change in circumstances, the result won't change either. Applying within few weeks/months won't really helps (ofcourse luck played a good role for few).

With already 2 rejection, I would suggest to wait for sometime (~6 months) before applying again.

USA does not share their visa application & results with other countries (not sure about Canada & Mexico).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Wouldn’t a change in type of visa be a change in circumstances?

if i want to go for pleasure now and not for business?
      Since this time my trip will be self funded and without company invite letters

Comment

Originally posted by akashm View Post
        Wouldn’t a change in type of visa be a change in circumstances?

if i want to go for pleasure now and not for business?
        Since this time my trip will be self funded and without company invite letters
        Depends on what the VO saw in your profile to reject your visa earlier.

For example, if you have a criminal records, no matter which visa you apply, it will be rejected.

MY suggestion would be to wait for sometime before re-applying any visa. Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Depends on what the VO saw in your profile to reject your visa earlier.

For example, if you have a criminal records, no matter which visa you apply, it will be rejected.

MY suggestion would be to wait for sometime before re-applying any visa. Best of luck !!
          Well its easy to say, the VO saw working on B1 visa, that was pretty clearly specified.

If criminal record is a concern, i have never had any in this life.

Comment

So what I see clearly is that you tried hiding the truth or telling lie - by not saying that you going for "work" & requesting business visa.

Which means they might not trust that you are telling the truth in next attempt.

Criminal record was an "Example" - telling lie during visa interview is another good "Example".

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
              So what I see clearly is that you tried hiding the truth or telling lie - by not saying that you going for "work" & requesting business visa.

Which means they might not trust that you are telling the truth in next attempt.

Criminal record was an "Example" - telling lie during visa interview is another good "Example".
              Like i said they suspected work, not that i was lying, i clearly mentioned i had some requirement gathering and technical training, besides, shouldn’t the company be scrutinized if so, i provided the documents, not that i forged them.

Suspicion and actual outcome can be 2 entirely different things, unless proven.
              i have heard issuance of 212 in case of misrepresentation of facts i was issued 214.

I let my documents speak and i defended my documents itself, i don’t know how one would see that as a lie.

Going from your opinion if i change company that should help, since the new employer may not have HQ in US and work might not be suspected, but i can assure i was not lying.

In case i apply for tourism will i still be “lying” to work there?
              Last edited by akashm; 07-21-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Here's the thing. A visit of 2.5 months means that a person is living there - going to the company site each day, presumably doing work stuff all day, everyday. That's work. Now are you getting paid? How are you funding this stay, living there, etc.? So, there's a strong chance that it is paid work. That's why they said you have to apply in a different category. It sounds like consulting work except the organization is choosing to bring in the employee without the paperwork.

But officially you have a 214b. And that's because of your profile.... perhaps they think you will go there are be asked to stay on.

For what it's worth, based on your original post, it makes no sense to me to deny you a visit/tourist visa. If you have a high paying job in Singapore, that's "ties" enough to come back to Singapore. There's going to be some residual effect of your earlier denials. They look at those things. But you should have a cooling off period and apply for something different later on. Don't go back in too early and seem desperate.

Also, a denial by US doesn't mean you won't get other visas. You will. Having said that, often visa forms do ask if you've been denied visas by other countries. You should be honest there. And truth be told, there is a bit of effect which dominoes over. But you have no idea what databases they make available to each other under security ties. Some of these countries have deep information sharing ties. So, one should be honest lest a lie be caught. If all you want to do is do the touristy thing, then the entire world is available (if they don't give you a visa).
                Last edited by Mogu; 07-22-2019, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by akashm View Post

In case i apply for tourism will i still be “lying” to work there?
                  If it is for the exact duration / time from the B1 application, then yes, that's is what they would suspect.

Comment

Reading this post itself, showing that you are desperate to get any visa, by any which way possible. Which eventually means you'll be suspected.

Understand the example & its meaning, not everything may be a fit for you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X