Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query related to Purpose of the trip selection in DS-160 for B1/B2 visa

Hi all,

I have applied for a B1/B2 visa and done my biometrics.

My Profile :
    Indian,
    Single,
    Age 24,
    Never traveled to any country,
    Doing the job in the IT sector in US-based firm from past 2 years. (salary: 50k INR)

Details of DS160 :
    Length of Stay in the U.S : 3 weeks
    Purpose of visit: to attend knowledge sharing and requirement gathering session with client teams.

Now I think my purpose of the visit is not very accurate and justifying my visit so I want to change it also I am planning to change my stay duration to 1week. will it be ok/ good idea if I fill new DS160 also guide me the procedure of it?

Last edited by Sir_Alexander; 07-19-2019, 01:29 PM.

Sorry, but single, young, no travel history, not so good experience & average salary is not a good sign for business visa.

I guess you've submitted your DS160 already? If yes, I would suggest not to change it in last moment & stick to what is mentioned there.

Try to convince the officer that you really need that much time to meet multiple stack holders & understand their requirement.

Best of luck !
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Switching suddenly from 3 weeks to 1 week clearly shows you don't really need to be there (= denial of business visa)

And state your purpose of visit in English that people understand instead of consulting gobbledygook, i.e. "knowledge sharing and transfer".

Comment

Working...
      X