Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query related to Purpose of the trip selection in DS-160 for B1/B2 visa

Hi all,

I have applied for a B1/B2 visa and done my biometrics.

My Profile :
    Indian,
    Single,
    Age 24,
    Never traveled to any country,
    Doing the job in the IT sector in US-based firm from past 2 years. (salary: 50k INR)

Details of DS160 :
    Length of Stay in the U.S : 3 weeks
    Purpose of visit: to attend knowledge sharing and requirement gathering session with client teams.

Now I think my purpose of the visit is not very accurate and justifying my visit so I want to change it also I am planning to change my stay duration to 1week. will it be ok/ good idea if I fill new DS160 also guide me the procedure of it?

Last edited by Sir_Alexander; 07-19-2019, 01:29 PM.

Sorry, but single, young, no travel history, not so good experience & average salary is not a good sign for business visa.

I guess you've submitted your DS160 already? If yes, I would suggest not to change it in last moment & stick to what is mentioned there.

Try to convince the officer that you really need that much time to meet multiple stack holders & understand their requirement.

Best of luck !
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Switching suddenly from 3 weeks to 1 week clearly shows you don't really need to be there (= denial of business visa)

And state your purpose of visit in English that people understand instead of consulting gobbledygook, i.e. "knowledge sharing and transfer".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X