B1/B2 Visa after DUI on H1-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa after DUI on H1-B

I was working in the US for ~6 years. Right before I was moving back, I got a DUI. I have been convicted of a DUI & Hit-and-run *misdemeanor* and ordered by the court to 1) pay fine 2) X hours community service and 3) X hours online DUI classes. I have completed all 3 requirements.

My next court hearing date is 28th August.
    I have a B1/B2 visa interview on 22nd August. I am hoping to visit the US for a work related event (I will have the relevant invitation & verification letters from my employer).

I was reading up online and saw that most of DUI related cases are required to go for a medical checkup. But all of those cases were for renewing the H1-B visa.
    Has anyone had a case where they got a DUI on a H1-B visa and were applying for a B1/B2 visa? What should I expect?

Thanks!

Did your employer ever applied for your I140 while you were in USA on H1-B?

DUI is considered equivalent to crime in USA, Getting any new non-immigrant visa after DUI is risky.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Yes my employer had applied for an I140 for me and it is already approved.

Comment

That's another thing, getting an B1 visa is very difficult after showing an immigration intent.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X