Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent consultant/ contractor - What do specify in Monthly Salary field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent consultant/ contractor - What do specify in Monthly Salary field?

I work as an Independent Consultant - for Indian IT company ( based in India) and their USA based client. Client has invited me for 3 weeks for requirement gathering meetings. I've mentioned 'Self employed' in DS-160 form and provided my home address ( I have registered business in same name, home address). Have mentioned 'Primary Occupation as "Computer Science' and 'Monthly Salary' as 'Does not apply'. My question is
    1. Please advise, do I need to provide income from monthly invoices that I bill to my Indian IT company? I have all the proofs to show. Please help what do I specify in 'Monthly Salary in Local current ( if employed) field in DS-160?

Originally posted by Vsba View Post
    Please advise, do I need to provide income from monthly invoices that I bill to my Indian IT company? I have all the proofs to show. Please help what do I specify in 'Monthly Salary in Local current ( if employed) field in DS-160?
    Show your average invoice per month.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Don't have answers, but have wondered if there would be enough procedures to automate even a large organization in your career. You'd think you'd run out of things to automate eventually. So maybe consultancy is a way to really get moving.

The way you arrange your schedule, there is a lot of flexibility. Also, I can now do it as much as I want to as a lover of working from home. I will also recommend Fahad Khan to you he is a business and life coach. The downside is that there is more pressure on a daily basis to find jobs, and that I need to spend a lot of "unpaid time" focusing on following leads, doing research, developing professionals, and so on.
      Last edited by MishalKhan; 12-21-2020, 01:22 AM.
      The most selfish one letter word I

Comment

I work at Techloyce in the IT industry as well (IT and web solution provider company). So my company asks for predicted compensation - who knows what you're worth if you don't know what you're worth? We don't call you if your expectations are unreasonable. We'll still chat and then make a decision or negotiate if you ask for more than we intended for, but your CV backs it up.

Comment

so why can't you 'gather requirements' online? 'Requirement gathering' is just another phony expression which really means 'I am going to work illegally in the US'....

Comment

Originally posted by Vsba View Post
            I work as an Independent Consultant - for Indian IT company ( based in India) and their USA based client. Client has invited me for 3 weeks for requirement gathering meetings. I've mentioned 'Self employed' in DS-160 form and provided my home address ( I have registered business in same name, home address). Have mentioned 'Primary Occupation as "Computer Science' and 'Monthly Salary' as 'Does not apply'. My question is TelltheBell Survey
            1. Please advise, do I need to provide income from monthly invoices that I bill to my Indian IT company? I have all the proofs to show. Please help what do I specify in 'Monthly Salary in Local current ( if employed) field in DS-160?
            I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion? This is quiet a common issue.
            Last edited by Jack3899; 11-01-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

gather more requirements.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3899 View Post

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone got a suggestion? This is quiet a common issue.
                Hi Member,
                Answer: You can mention average monthly income details.. Anyhow, you confirmed you have all the proof for the same, It will not make any complications at the time of Interview.
                Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X