Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa rejection.

Hi,

I am currently working as a technical architect with a well known IT company and having around 12 years of experience. I had B1 interview 3 days back and VC just asked me 3 questions as below:

Q1: Purpose of Visit
    A1:
    I explained purpose and I had all supporting documents.

Q2: Your job description
    A2:
    I explained my job description.

Q3: Have you traveled to any other countries ?
    A3: I explained I had UK business visa but our meeting cancelled and I didn't traveled and for vacation purpose I traveled to Thailand.

VC didn't asked me any further questions nor asked about any documents, interview didn't last even a single minute and she rejected.

What could be the reason here?

Thanks,
    P

The rejection is not solely based on your interview, she might have seen something else with your profile, which doesn't matches this visa.

You are the only best person to know, if you lied anywhere or tried to hide the truth etc, which VO might have seen on your FB or Linkedin profile etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I didn't find anything wrong with my DS-160 and even in fact only descriptive answer within DS-160 is about Job profile and I explained on similar line. As well I am expert on MS technologies which is what I am doing since starting of my career, this is what my linked in profile says as well for the same purpose I need to travel.

So not sure what went wrong.

I didn't traveled outside country for business purpose can this be the reason ?

Comment

Originally posted by pratikkagda View Post
        I didn't find anything wrong with my DS-160 and even in fact only descriptive answer within DS-160 is about Job profile and I explained on similar line. As well I am expert on MS technologies which is what I am doing since starting of my career, this is what my linked in profile says as well for the same purpose I need to travel.
        No one really knows what formula they have to verify if the person qualify for visa. We all can just make guesses.

Could you please share what you answered for your purpose of travel & your job description?
        I didn't traveled outside country for business purpose can this be the reason ?
        Thats not an issue. What they want to ensure is that you visited some developed country & returned without any issues.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Sure, here are the answers I've given:

A1:
          I am invited as a speaker for our company's annual pre-sales summit where I'll be presenting about one of our company's product to the sales team.

A2:
          Currently working as a Sr Technical architect with XYZ company and leading offshore team of size 10 engineers. Primary job profile is to coordinate between sales executive and customers, for the company's prospects, understanding their business use cases, designing solutions and technical architect and managing offshore deliveries.

To our surprise, I'd applied Visa with one of my colleague and we both were supposed to travel for the similar purpose and our questions and answers were also same but his visa approved and mine was rejected.

Comment

To our surprise, I'd applied Visa with one of my colleague and we both were supposed to travel for the similar purpose and our questions and answers were also same but his visa approved and mine was rejected.
            Then in that case probably, VO found something suspicious in your profile?

Comment

Sure, here are the answers I've given:

A1:
              I am invited as a speaker for our company's annual pre-sales summit where I'll be presenting about one of our company's product to the sales team.

A2:
              Currently working as a Sr Technical architect with XYZ PrepaidCardStatus company and leading offshore team of size 10 engineers. Primary job profile is to coordinate between sales executive and customers, for the company's prospects, understanding their business use cases, designing solutions and technical architect and managing offshore deliveries.

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing
              Last edited by ShinyWarthog; 05-01-2020, 12:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X