Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Approved but Admin Prcoessing

Hello,

I gave my US B1 Visa interview on 30th oct 2019 at the mumbai consulate , it went well and VO told me at the end that the visa is approved and u will receive notification within 4-6 days to collect your passport.

now , it’s been like 14 days and no update yet. Online shows administrative processing though I have not been given any slips at the End.

Online it says:
    case creation - 29th oct 2019
    case update - 30th oct 2019

can some please advise if this is normal wait time after the visa being approved or any of you are facing the same issue as mine ?

any help or advise would be appreciated . Thanks

Its quite possible, probably they do not need anything from your side & just doing some background check for your profile.

You really do not have any option but to wait for another 15-16 days & then file a service request with local embassy.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Any clue why case has been updated since 30th Oct ? Coz if they are working on it and if they need anything they should have contacted me till now right ???

Also, what’s this service request ? I have already mailed the service desk and below is the reply from them :

Public Response: Dear Applicant:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to know your visa application status.

In response to your question, our records indicate that, the visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Some refused visa applications may require further administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the consular officer will inform the applicant at the end of the interview. The duration of the administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Except in cases of emergency travel (i.e. serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family), before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants should wait at least 180 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be contacted for the same.

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant".

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
      U.S. Visa Service Desk.
      Last edited by samlynn; 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

They do not update the online site on regular basis.

Read the highlighted text below.

They might probably doesn't need anything from you.

Originally posted by FK49 View Post
        Any clue why case has been updated since 30th Oct ? Coz if they are working on it and if they need anything they should have contacted me till now right ???

Also, what’s this service request ? I have already mailed the service desk and below is the reply from them :

In response to your question, our records indicate that, the visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Some refused visa applications may require further administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the consular officer will inform the applicant at the end of the interview. The duration of the administrative processing will vary based on the individual circumstances of each case. Except in cases of emergency travel (i.e. serious illnesses, injuries, or deaths in your immediate family), before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants should wait at least 180 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be contacted for the same.

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant".

Sincerely,
        U.S. Visa Service Desk.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

You really do'nt have any other options , sometimes it takes15-20 days or may be more. maximum wait for 45 days & then file a service request with local embassy.

Comment

Finally something has changed :

now online it says :

case update - 18th Nov 2019

any idea on what’s this about ? I have not received any email from them to submit any documents ... please advise .. thank you

Comment

Also,

passport tracking the site says the below :
              Passport Status :
              There is no status update available for the passport number submitted
              Though I have entered the right PP number

Comment

Hi ,

status has been changed to - ISSUED

cast last updated - 19th Nov 2019

when will I receive my passport now ? Any idea ?

Comment

Congratulations ... you should get your passport in 4-5 days.

Comment

Alternatively, please follow the link: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/mywegmansconnect to check the status of your case, by selecting “Check my Visa Application Status” under “Non-Immigrant".

Sincerely,
                    U.S. Visa Service Desk.
                    Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                    They do not update the online site on regular basis.

Read the highlighted text below.

They might probably doesn't need anything from you.

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Lobsteroid View Post
                      Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing
                      Glad, if it is helping.

Comment

Hello,

I gave my US B1 Visa interview on 30th oct 2019 at the mumbai consulate , it went well and VO told me at the end that the visa is approved and u will receive notification within 4-6 days to collect your passport.

now , it’s been like 14 days and no update yet. Online shows administrative processing though I have not been given any slips at the End. AppValley

Online it says:
                        case update - 30th oct 2019

can some please advise if this is normal wait time after the visa being approved or any of you are facing the same issue as mine ?

any help or advise would be appreciated . Thanks
                        I have also the same problem...Please any help?
                        Last edited by normanj; 04-05-2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X