Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa with Sealed arrest record

Hi All,
    My employer wants me to initiate a B1 Visa for myself.
    I had an arrest with DV misdemeanor with my ex-husband , the DA never filed any charges.

Am I obligated to answer "yes" to the question in DS-160 to the question "
    have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime?"

Am I obligated to answer " yes" if I get my arrest records sealed?

I am ok in explaining the situation by answering "yes", but want to avoid it coz my employer scrutinizes every application and I dont want my ugly past haunt me forever, which I have put behind me.

Since you were arrested, you should truthfully answer "Yes" for the arrested or convicted question & explain the reason.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Since you were arrested, you should truthfully answer "Yes" for the arrested or convicted question & explain the reason.
      Does my chances of approval get less by this history? even though there were no charges? is there a good way to frame my answer in the DS 160?

Comment

Originally posted by delhigirl View Post
        Does my chances of approval get less by this history? even though there were no charges? is there a good way to frame my answer in the DS 160?
        If there are no charges, then you are safe, but do mention the whole story in DS160 - this will be your first & probably last chance to secure your visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X