H1 denied in 2007, B1 denied now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 denied in 2007, B1 denied now

I applied for H1B on Sep,2007 and got rejected on Feb 21, 2008 from Dubai US Consulate.

After my interview an official from Consulate had called me to take details of my previous employment and one of my previous employer was closed down then. I told him about this and he asked me send few documents which I sent duly.

Consulate send me an email stating the following:

This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found
    ineligible to receive a visa under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act prohibits a consular officer from issuing a visa to
    an alien if the consular officer has reason to believe that the alien is ineligible
    Based on indications that the petition filed on your behalf contains inaccurate information, we are
    returning it to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS) of the Department of Homeland
    Security (DHS) for review and possible revocation.
    In Mar 25, 2009 I got a mail from USCIS stating that they have received my application

Application Type: I129 , PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
    Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.
    On March 24, 2009, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we
    review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move
    while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new
    address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case.
    After that no communication whatsoever from USCIS. Current status of my application in USCIS website is: Post-Decision Activity.

I returned to India from Dubai Jan, 2010 took up an employment here. My company applied for B1 in BEP for an urgent KT to be done at US.

But Chennai US consulate rejected B1 stating 214(b).

Officer asked me few questions (in the order they were asked)

* Have you applied for H1 before, when and why was it denied?
    * Who was your previous employer?
    * When did you joined current company?
    * Is **current company** applied your H1? I said no and answered her with the name of company which applied H1 for me. She continues typing in the background.
    * Are you married?
    * Countries you have visited?
    * Show me your old passport?

She didn't ask for any other details nor asked about my job. Just handed over a paper saying cannot issue visa stating 214(b).

When can I apply for another B1? Whats the chance of getting a B1 now?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X