Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 renewal rejected

Hi All

Need some input on what went wrong on my B1/B2 renewal visa rejection - which was rejected on 214(b). Now the background:

1. The renewal was dropbox eligible - meaning I came to Kolkata for a few month's vacation and the earlier 10 year's visa was also from Kolkata.
    2. Had a 2009 - 2019 (10 years) B1/B2 visa.
    3. US Trip: Went on 1 trip for 2 months (2009-2010) and 1 more transit in 2019.
    4. A Canadian Immigrant since 2015 with Canadian citizenship under process.
    5. Had student's visa from UK but didn't stay back.
    6. Had post study work visa in UK but didn't stay back.
    7. Even came back from Canada in 2014 at the end of work permit.
    8. Went back to Canada only when PR was processed - in short didn't stay back.
    9. Only difference this time is I am not working since last 4 months as we had some health issues.
    10. The other possible flag was applied from India

The interview was:
    1. Why do you want to travel?
    A: Dual intent: transit and tourism
    2. When do you want to travel?
    A: Feb 2020
    3. Family travelling with you?
    No because of the health issue my wife is staying back for next few months.
    4. Are you carrying your PR card?
    A: No (this wasn't mentioned either) but carrying the Ontario license.
    5. Profession?
    A: Independent IT consultant
    6. Are you working?
    No

That's it she said you are not eligible.

Just clueless at what went wrong? Just one thing 2 more guys were in front of me most likely for B1/B2 based on questions that were asked - left with a sad face.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Only you are the best person to identify the reason, since you only know the whole situation of yours.

Section 214(b) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act states that: “Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa that he is entitled to non-immigrant status“.

Few people mentioned on this forum itself, that after getting Canada PR, its getting difficult for them to get their US B2 visa.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Only you are the best person to identify the reason, since you only know the whole situation of yours.

Section 214(b) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act states that: “Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa that he is entitled to non-immigrant status“.

Few people mentioned on this forum itself, that after getting Canada PR, its getting difficult for them to get their US B2 visa.
      Thanks for the response - nothing much has changed over last 10 years. Apart from 1. Canadian PR and 2. Not working at the time of application. Still can't reconnect the dots.

Comment

Originally posted by AudiLover View Post

Thanks for the response - nothing much has changed over last 10 years. Apart from 1. Canadian PR and 2. Not working at the time of application. Still can't reconnect the dots.
        Having an PR for another country shows that you've intention to leave your home country - which means, no ties to home country.

Not working could be yes another reason.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Only you are the best person to identify the reason, since you MyPrepaidCenter only know the whole situation of yours.

Section 214(b) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act states that: “Every alien shall be presumed to be an immigrant until he establishes to the satisfaction of the consular officer, at the time of application for a visa MyPrepaidCenter that he is entitled to non-immigrant status“.

Great articles thanks for sharing this awesome blogs
          Last edited by Festivalkyrie; 02-18-2020, 12:18 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X