• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Business Visa - Applying for the first time

Hi,

I am planning to apply for a US business visa. Following are the details:

32 years single woman, Annual salary ~22 LPA
    Travelling history: UK, France, Netherlands, Egypt & Jordan
    Consistent top performer in the Company. Current Company exp: ~6 yrs; total exp ~8 yrs. I am an individual contributor, no team reporting to me.
    HR Professional
    Purpose of travel: my Company's Headquarter is in the US and they want me to be the Fusion (HR tool) expert and lead internal projects in India.
    I will have an invite letter from my US Headquarter from the Global CHRO mentioning the details of my travel purpose.

I have never applied for US visa before. What are the chances of getting the Visa approved in the first attempt with the above information?
    I will be grateful if you could provide any advise for the first timer.

Many thanks.

Things looks good, except that you are single. For Indians, being married is a good plus.

Prepare a good invitation letter, mentioning why you are required to travel, for how long, detailed agenda of the visit etc. Try to prove that this visit is pretty important for the business & only-n-only you are "required" to travel & meet certain people face-to-face. etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the advise Libra_14. I shall make a good invitation letter covering details well. Do you think working with a US MNC could be helpful and an invite from US itself should make it easy? I am a little nervous therefore just checking.

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by Happygolucky10 View Post
        Do you think working with a US MNC could be helpful and an invite from US itself should make it easy?
        Almost everyone applying for an B1 works for US MNC only. Invititation from US is the basic requirement.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Happygolucky10 View Post
          Hi,

I am planning to apply for a US business visa. Following are the details:

32 years single woman, Annual salary ~22 LPA
          Travelling history: UK, France, Netherlands, Egypt & Jordan
          Consistent top performer in the Company. Current Company exp: ~6 yrs; total exp ~8 yrs. I am an individual contributor, no team reporting to me.
          HR Professional
          Purpose of travel: my Company's Headquarter is in the US and they want me to be walgreenslistens the Fusion (HR tool) expert and lead internal projects in India.
          I will have an invite letter from my US Headquarter from the Global CHRO mentioning the details of my travel purpose.

I have never applied for US visa before. What are the chances of getting the Visa approved in the first attempt with the above information?
          I will be grateful if you could provide any advise for the first timer.

Many thanks.
          This is a very informative blog for me. I am very much benefited after reading this blog. Keep sharing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X