Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Visa in DS160 for B1/B2 visa application

Hi,

I am filling DS160 for B1/B2 Visa application, which is sponsored by my current employer in India.

I went on H4 Visa to the USA in 2013 and transferred Visa to H1B in 2014 and worked in USA for around 4 years. Since I did not travel to India in those 4 years (oct 2014 - apr 2018), I did not get my H1B visa stamped in the passport. I moved back to India for good in 2018.

What should I fill in the DS160 under column - Last Visa issued Date and Visa number? - Is it my H4 details? Where do I have to mention details about my Visa transfer?

Also, what is the possibility of getting my B1 visa approved?

Yes, please provide your H4 visa details.

If you did not filed for your immigration petition or for your spouse, then you are good to get your B1 visa approved.

Also, ensure you apply for "B1" only, since the purpose of your visit is business only - eventually you might get B1/B2 both.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Comment

I submitted my DS160 with intended date of travel as 10th April 2020. But when I tried to book appointment, I see the first available appointment date as 20th April2020. Will this cause any issue in the interview?

Comment

If you haven't submitted DS160 yet, change the date.

Usually its "Tentative" dates only - so not much impact - 10-20 days is fine.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

I have already submitted DS160 and requested my employer to pay the fee. Today I was able to see Mar 2nd as the latest date! I will keep looking for the dates available and book accordingly. Thanks!

Comment

Best of luck !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X