B1 visa rejected for the second time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa rejected for the second time

B1 visa got rejected first time in July 2018 and the second rejection in Feb 2020

Below are the second attempt visa questions and answers.

V.O - You are going on a business trip?
    Me - Yes

How long are you going to be there?
    I will be going there for two weeks.

Where are you going in the US?
    I'm going to Boston.

Is anyone going traveling along with you?
    I'm traveling alone from my company

Why has the company chosen you?
    Because I have been working on this project for 6 years and I know the complete architecture of the project, so I will be able to add my input to the meetings.

Have you traveled outside India?
    No, this will be my first onsite travel.

I would like to know the possible reasons for rejection and can I reapply for B1 visa after I make international travel to other countries?\

Please advise

B1 is not solely decided based on your interview. There are various factors considered. You are the best person to judge if you really qualify for that visa.

For example:
    • Current designation
    • Current salary
    • Marital status
    • Company's name/business/clients
    • Total experience vs Tenure with company
    • Travel history
    • Why you - merely working on one project for 6 years doesn't help. Knowing the project in depth, would certainly help.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by parthi91 View Post
      B1 visa got rejected first time in July 2018 and the second rejection in Feb 2020

Below are the second attempt visa questions and answers.

V.O - You are going on a business trip?
      Me - Yes

How long are you going to be there?
      I will be going there for two weeks.

Where are you going in the US?
      I'm going to Boston.

Is anyone going traveling along with you?
      I'm traveling alone from my company

Why has the company chosen you?
      Because I have been working on this project for 6 years and I know the complete architecture of the project, so I will be able to add my input to the meetings.

Have you traveled outside India?
      No, this will be my first onsite travel.

I would like to know the possible reasons for rejection time calculator and can I reapply for B1 visa after I make international travel to other countries?\

Please advise
      It's unfortunate that your B1 visa applications were rejected on two occasions. There could be various reasons for the rejections, but based on the provided questions and answers, here are some possible factors:

Lack of travel history: Your response indicating that this would be your first trip outside India might have raised concerns about your intentions to return.

Limited ties to your home country: The visa officer may have been concerned about your intent to return to India after your trip, especially if you don't have strong ties like family, property, or stable employment.

Insufficient evidence of the purpose of your trip: While you provided information about your project and expertise, the officer might have needed more concrete evidence of your business engagements and the necessity of your presence in the US.

To increase your chances of approval in future applications, consider the following:

Build a stronger travel history by visiting other countries and maintaining a clean immigration record.

Strengthen ties to your home country by acquiring assets, establishing stable employment, or demonstrating family commitments.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X