Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing VISA

Hi all,

Is it possible to change from B1/B2 visitors VISA to J1 or H1B VISA while within the US following a medical residency acceptance? can I get stamped with the VISA (J1 / H1B) by travelling to Canada? Or is it mandatory that I have to go back to my home country which is India for change of my VISA status.

Please let me know. Any info regarding this is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by offerrp View Post
    Is it possible to change from B1/B2 visitors VISA to J1 or H1B VISA while within the US following a medical residency acceptance?
    Legally yes, but the approval rate is pretty low.
    can I get stamped with the VISA (J1 / H1B) by travelling to Canada? Or is it mandatory that I have to go back to my home country which is India for change of my VISA status.
    Yes. You can get stamped anywhere outside USA. But it is recommended to visit your home country, as the VOs in your home country understand your documents better.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi. I have sent you a PM. Could you please check. Thanks.

Comment

Responded on PM, Once you go through the whole process, please share your experience back with the forum.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hi. Thank you for your response. Given the situation now with the increasing travel restrictions will it be a better option to currently stay here in the US and change the VISA from B1/B2 to H1 or J1. I am concerned because going back home (India) and returning back to the US for the start of Medical residency in mid June will be challenging and could risk my residency spot. Please let me know. Thank you!

Comment

Given the situation now with the increasing travel restrictions will it be a better option to currently stay here in the US and change the VISA from B1/B2 to H1 or J1.
            As I mentioned earlier also, Legally you can apply for COS, but the approval rate is pretty low.

If you apply & rejected then it will be a problem for future travel/visas for you. Consider if you apply today, it'll easily take 4-5 months to get response & by that time if situation improves they'll surely reject the COS, as the reason is not valid anymore.

Comment

Visa approval is need all document perfect

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X