Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 visa to attend upcoming Conference but facing Administrative processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa to attend upcoming Conference but facing Administrative processing.

Me and husband had our B1 visa interview on Feb 25 at Islamabad embassy. Visa officer asked about travel history (that we both have but not of US) and about the research paper.
    At the end, he took our passports and said that I am taking your documents (he took CVs, research paper acceptance letter and conference invitation letter) and am transferring your case for Administrative Processing.

He handed over a White slip stating 221 g -visa refusal. He said keep checking online link for status and email.

The thing is, Conference is on March 9 and still there is no case update. It still says "Administrative Processing."

Anybody got out of this status quickly (specially when you had to attend an important meeting/conference?)
    Please please share your experience.

Originally posted by Maria Z View Post
    Anybody got out of this status quickly (specially when you had to attend an important meeting/conference?)
    Administrative Processing is like a black hole - Each application is different & hence their processing time is different.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria Z View Post
      Me and husband had our B1 visa interview on Feb 25 at Islamabad embassy. Visa officer asked about travel history (that we both have but not of US) and about the research paper.
      At the end, he took our passports and said that I am taking your documents (he took CVs, research paper acceptance letter and conference invitation letter) and am transferring your case for Administrative Processing.

He handed over a White slip stating 221 g -visa refusal. He said keep checking online link for status and email.

The thing is, Conference is on March 9 and still there is no case update. It still says "Administrative Processing."

Please please share your experience.
      Have you had any news regarding your case?

I was on administrative processing and it took 2 weeks. I do believe now it is taking much longer.

Comment

I'm also interested in an update.

Comment

thanks for the clear, detailed explanation

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X