Leaving USA while I-539 Extension application is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving USA while I-539 Extension application is pending

As both the USA and India had suspended international flight operations since March 2020 to combat this global pandemic, I have applied I539 for extending my B1 visa on 21 April 2020. My original I-94 at the Port of Entry expired on May 8th 2020. I have not heard about any updates regarding the case. It is still pending. In the meantime, if I will return back to India on while my extension application is pending.
    What is the procedure that needs to be followed in this scenario? What will happen to my visa? would it be valid for me to visit us again in the future?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

You mean B2 extension of status, right? Your visa should not be voided, since your I-539 was timely filed and non-frivolous.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by subhajit1985 View Post
      As both the USA and India had suspended international flight operations since March 2020 to combat this global pandemic, I have applied I539 for extending my B1 visa on 21 April 2020. My original I-94 at the Port of Entry expired on May 8th 2020. I have not heard about any updates regarding the case. It is still pending. In the meantime, if I will return back to India on while my extension application is pending.
      What is the procedure that needs to be followed in this scenario? What will happen to my visa? would it be valid for me to visit us again in the future?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
      keep it up

Comment

If your extension status is pending then you can not leave your place and can't fly to another place. These are roles of government and you can learn more to get an idea about this procedure.
        Last edited by david839; 03-06-2022, 11:21 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X