US B1 Visa advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B1 Visa advice

So last year I applied for a visa to go visit my girlfriend that I met while studying abroad in California (I'm from the UK) not really knowing much I applied for a B2 visa for 4months and got declined. The interviewer said based on not having enough ties and that I do not have sufficient funds my Visa was declined. I had prepared a really solid application but she was not interested in it at all.

I'm unsure whether it is worth even attempting to try go to the US again this year. It worries that I would get declined again, and that could end up leading to some more problems? Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

I also did not mention that I am going to see my girlfriend last time I just said that I was visiting friends, should I specify that this time?

Background I'm British born but my family are indian both of my parents are British too I'm currently 22 and study Computer Science at University.usps tracking showbox speed test
    Last edited by aryankanse6; 06-19-2020, 03:18 AM.

The basic requirement to get the B2 visa is to prove that you have strong ties to your home country & you'll surely return to your home country after said visit.

The onus is on the applicant to prove the same.

Having no regular income, no saving & a US citizen girlfriend (you might get married to her & might have immigrant intent) is not a good sign of ties to your home country.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      The basic requirement to get the B2 visa is to prove that you have strong ties to your home country & you'll surely return to your home country after said visit.

The onus is on the applicant to prove the same.

Having no regular income, no saving & a US citizen girlfriend (you might get married to her & might have immigrant intent) is not a good sign of ties to your home country.
      Thanks for the suggestion Libra. Actually, I'm planning to apply https://walmartoneme.com for a B1 Visa and according to my friends, it's kind of hard for the people from my country. So, thanks.
      Last edited by jrjong; 08-17-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

aryankanse6
        you said "I'm British born and both of my parents are British too".... Does this not mean they received their settled status first, then became citizens, then had you registered, which would make you a British Citizen ? If this is true, you would could travel on ESTA fro 90 days without a visa to the US

If not, Which country's passport do you hold ? and what is your status in the UK ?
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X