Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa with Sealed arrest record??

Hi All,
    My employer wants me to initiate a B1 Visa for myself.
    I had an arrest with DV misdemeanor with my ex-husband , the DA never filed any charges.

Am I obligated to answer "yes" to the question in DS-160 to the question "
    have you ever been arrested Speed Test essay writer or convicted for any offense or crime?"

Am I obligated to answer " yes" if I get my arrest records sealed?

I am ok in explaining the situation by answering "yes", but want to avoid it coz my employer scrutinizes every application and I dont want my ugly past haunt me forever, which I have put behind me.
    Last edited by BenjaminLucas; 08-09-2020, 04:05 AM.

Yes, do not hide the truth - if you are not found guilty, then do not worry.

DV misdemeanor is a crime in all fifty states.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

A "sealed" record does not matter for immigration purposes.
      Your answer should be YES, with an explanation that the charges were dismissed.
      Include copies of the court records / dismissal as evidence.

A letter from your employer for the purpose of the visit, dates of travel, etc. will go a long way in getting the visa.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Until recently, foreigners were not asked to disclose their criminal history walmartone in order to apply for a tourist Indian visa. However, things have changed in 2018 when Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi announced that applicants would be required to share details of their criminal record.
        Last edited by Valdes; 08-20-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Valdes View Post
          Until recently, foreigners were not asked to disclose their criminal history in order to apply for a tourist Indian visa. However, things have changed in 2018 when Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi announced that applicants would be required to share details of their criminal record.
          This is not for an Indian Visa. He is asking about a US visa
          Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by R78 View Post

This is not for an Indian Visa. He is asking about a US visa
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

I highly suggest you answer yes. In my recent interview they asked about criminal history, and I mentioned minor traffic tickets, to which he noted. In fact he asked have they been resolved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X