Working from usa for an indian company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working from usa for an indian company

I am stranded in USA and don't want to go back to India at this Pandemic. My company in India is saying that US laws will not allow me to do work from home from USA. If that is true, what should I reply to them? Is there a rule that stops me from woring from USA on a B1/B2 for an Indian company during COVID? Please help.

Hi,
    This is really complex and critical to answer. You will need to check with Immigration Attorney on this. Meanwhile, Are you staying in the USA within your visa approval period? If not, have you extended your period of stay?
    Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

If you work in the USA remotely for a company in INDIA and you are working from home and are not earning or making money for the US, then YES you can work. Make sure your account in INDIA is being credited the money for your work and you are paying taxes in INDIA.

Last edited by joshua84796; 07-22-2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

If you work in the USA remotely for a company in INDIA and you are working from home and are not earning or making money for the US, then YES you can work. Make sure your account in INDIA is being credited the money for your work and you are paying taxes in INDIA. You are still dependent on your spouse in the US of A.

Last edited by emard22; 08-11-2021, 12:00 AM.

Comment

I am also facing that same problem. Did you find any solution about this problem? AdvancedMD
          Last edited by Larry4415; 08-26-2021, 01:47 AM.

Comment

yes, international students can work in the USA while studying but there are some restrictions. ... Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a program that allows international students in the United States to work temporarily up to 12 months.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X