US B1 Visa advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B1 Visa advice

So last year I applied for a visa to go visit my girlfriend that I met while studying abroad in California (I'm from the UK) not really knowing much I applied for a B2 visa for 4months and got declined. The interviewer said based on not having enough ties and that I do not have sufficient funds my Visa was declined. I had prepared a really solid application but she was not interested in it at all.

I'm unsure whether it is worth even attempting to try go to the US again this year. It worries that I would get declined again, and that could end up leading to some more problems? Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

I also did not mention that I am going to see my girlfriend last time I just said that I was visiting friends, should I specify that this time?

Background I'm British born but my family are indian both of my parents are British too I'm currently 22 and study Computer Science at University.Tweakbox Appvalley https://vlc.onl
    Last edited by akalsteni68; 11-02-2020, 03:43 AM.

Basically the onus is on you to prove that your intention is not to stay in USA for long time & you'll certainly return once your visit is over. If you fail to prove that, your visa will be denied.

Having a girlfriend in USA, shows that you "might" get married to her & then apply for a family based immigration.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Basically the onus is on you to prove that you do not intend to stay in the USA for a long time and you will definitely return after your trip is over. If you fail to prove this, your visa will be denied.
      Having a girlfriend in the United States suggests that you can marry her and then apply for family-based immigration.

Comment

The B-1/B-2 visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa that allows the holder to travel to the United States for either business or tourism purposes.

Nonetheless, the US B1/B2 visa offers one of the simplest options for visiting the United States for business or tourism purposes. The B1/B2 Visa is an important requirement for many travelers wishing to enter the U.S. Luckily, everyone is eligible to apply for it in the easiest way possible using Visa Express.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X