Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa - Admin Processing - Hyderabad

Hi All,

I have been issued a 2 inch slip (plain, no color) which reads 'Pending Administrative Processing'. I am from one of the top IT Companies, which is a BEP member, and has put my application under BEP. Here is my interview story.

Name: Mohammed Abdul Aziz
    Interview date: 12th July 2010
    Today: 23rd July (already 11 days over)

1Q: Since how long r u in current company?
    Ans: 4 months.

2Q: Which company were u working for, before?
    Ans: **** *** (This is also again a very reputed IT company, which is BEP member).

3Q: Why did you quit it?
    Ans: I was looking for a better position, with a short pause.

4Q: What is the purpose of your travel?
    Ans: KT and technical discussions.

Then she wrote something on my application, and said 'I need some additional information from your side, please go to counter no. 14'.

There, at counter 14, a lady gave me a single page form, which asked about my education/experience/how many times I have travelled abroad. I wrote all information and handed over the form to her. My current company and previous 2 are all top IT giants, all having BEP membership.

Then she took the filled form and put it in a folder, and said it will take minimum 2 to 3 weeks for processing, and to check status online. She didn't ask any documents, nor asked to send through email.

----My questions----
    Q: I have to be in the USA by next week (2nd of August). What are my chances of getting the visa by this time?

Q: My status was updated on first day itself as 'undergoing processing', but still shows same. When could it be updated again, any idea?

Q: When will one get visa, under this type of processing, for B1 applicants?

Thanks a lot for your time.
    Aziz.

Answer to all your questions is 'Nobody can predict'.
    Just wait and watch.

Search for other similar cases in the forum.

Comment

The real problem with Administrative processing is that it could have been a snag on many fronts... here are some potentials.

1. Something to do with the Company ( If others in your company are also having the same issue when they file papers, then you are sure its a company this, maybe audit / review etec,etc).

2. It maybe a candidate issue
      - It maybe to do with you credentials ( questionable university / experience / company etc).
      - The worst is the terror database name match... this is a real pain as they now need to cross check and confirm that you are not the person that the hit on the database occured ( this is a very manual review process )

Time is just un predictable.. as yours can be one/many or all.

Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks for your useful replies.. appreciate them.

hope i receive the PP this week.. fingers crossed!!

i'll update on my case, if any change happens..

thanks again

Comment

Admin Processing - Hyderabad

what if, in the website if it gets updated as Case Processed. will we get B1?

Comment

Yes, I think that means you will get your PP soon with visa.

Coz, its written in the consulate page that Processing finished means you will be getting your passport back with visa.

btw, when were u interviewed, and where?

I'm still waiting since 12th July 2010. Case status same 'undergoing processing'.

Thanks,
            Aziz.

Comment

Aziz:

Did u get ur visa yet?

Im also waiting with a similar case since July 1st.

thanks,
              satguru1

Comment

I saw many cases

I saw 4 cases regarding administrative processing.
                All 4 of my coleagues got visa with in a month after gettig pink slip(Administrative processing)
                Its very rare to take more than one month.

In our prespective Admin processing means Getting Visa (But duration of visa period witll be less) Got for 1 yesr in all the cases rather than 10 yesrs.

Comment

still waiting for the visa..

Hi Satguru, I haven't received my PP back yet.. will update once I do..

Hi Murali, is any of your colleagues who got visa a Muslim?.. coz i heard they put muslim names like Mohammed and Khan under name check, which is a manual process and will take much time.. and my name too contains Mohammed..

Thanks,
                  Aziz.

Comment

Any updates!!

Hi Aziz,

Any updates from your end? did you get the VISA yet? i am also waiting on my VISA with the similar situation...please keep us posted.

thnx!

Comment

got back the PP with visa!!! )))

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to tell you that I got my passport back with 10 year multiple b1/b2 visa, today. It took exactly 4 months to get my PP back. I got interviewed on 12th July 2010, and got PP back on 11th Nov 2010.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

For those who are still waiting for your visa, you will hopefully get them soon if you have crossed 4 months already!!!

Comment

7 months wait....and almost there

Hi Friends,

I appeared for interview on 15th Nov 2010 and after 7 months my status has changed to admin processing is completed. I had withdrawn my passport some days back from them, tired of the wait and asked them to continue the processing.

Now, I have submitted my passport back to the consulate through VFS and its been like 7 working days since then.

I hope it means that I will be getting my passport with a stamped visa, coz during my interview I was told by the VO that ...."Your Visa is approved ....but we need to do some additional processing".

So I hope all ends well... and yeah as Aziz mentioned... I'm a muslim with a "SYED" in the name...and hence this "sweet treatment" .

Cheers.
                        N.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X