No announcement yet.

Hold valid B1 visa (10 year, multiple entry) from company who terminated my job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold valid B1 visa (10 year, multiple entry) from company who terminated my job

I hold valid B1 visa (10 year, multiple entry) from company which terminated my job, after just 1.5 months of service.

Now I am looking for another job. But during job interviews and even later after getting new job, I'm not going to disclose about my experience in this company which has terminated me. Reason I am going to tell is - I was on sabbatical leave for some personal urgencies during this 1.5 months.

Now, following are the questions going on in my mind. Need help:
    1> What should I tell when I get into new company: I have B1 visa or I don't have B1 visa? (my B1 visa does not carry the name of the company that has now terminated me)
    2> Even after job termination, is my B1 visa still valid? (the company which has terminated me has not put any cancellation stamp on my visa)
    3> Can I travel to US using the same B1 visa from another company?

1> What should I tell when I get into new company: I have B1 visa or I don't have B1 visa? (my B1 visa does not carry the name of the company that has now terminated me)

Does not matter what you choose to tell. No reason not to mention you have a visa.

2> Even after job termination, is my B1 visa still valid? (the company which has terminated me has not put any cancellation stamp on my visa)

Yes your visa is valid

3> Can I travel to US using the same B1 visa from another company?

Yes you can so long as you can prove the need to travel through your new employer

Comment

on question 3

Actually if the visa is B1/B2 (and I suspect it is) you can use it to travel on tourism as well.

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

One more question:
        If my new company wants to send to US on B1 then ... should I tell them that I already have B1 visa? Is think, yes -- I need to tell them. In this case, will my new company ask me, from which company/ consultant I got this B1 visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X