Questions regarding B1(business) Visa for US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding B1(business) Visa for US

Hello, I have been remotely working (from India) for a US based company as a Software Engineer (on contract basis) for almost 2 years now, and have been receiving the monthly payments from US directly in my bank account.

Next month, I am changing jobs and going to be start working with a different company based out of US. They want me to continue working remotely, but come to SF for two-three weeks and go through the initial onboarding + training and other sync-ups required for the job.

It's really important for me to make this happen, otherwise the contract may not last long. They really wish for me to spend some time with the team on site and get a glance of how things work.

Recently, my friend applied for a B1 visa to go to a training at his parent company - they also have an office in India, but it was rejected in the matter of 5-10 mins at the visa interview. He was told that he couldn't prove the fact that he had intentions to come back to India r the training(?).

So, I'm out here trying to figure out what can I do best from my end to make sure I secure the visa for my travel. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by milowbrac; 09-27-2021, 10:31 AM.

No one has the right or absolute
    answers./..far too many people have gone3. to the US for alleged 'knowledge transfer', ;'training', 'meet the team' and forgot to return and/or worked illegally...you can thank them for any difficulties you may encounter. No letter from anyone can guarantee visa issuance.

Comment

Hello,
      I am business man and my company is involved in manufacturing and export. I want to apply B1 visa for business trip so that I can go and meet buyers in USA. So I have few questions:

1. I have already been to US in 2008 on F1 visa and completed my Masters from US. After that I got a job and even got the H1 B but in 2013 I had to come to India and couldn't get the stamping and I never tried again for the visa after that. Now coming to 2021 I have my own company where I am the sole proprietor and also now I am married. So what are my chances of getting the B1 visa. The maximum tenure I would be going will be for 10-15 days max.

2. I can also get an invitation letter from one of the buyers for visa purpose, who I actually intend to meet. So will it help me in the visa process.

3. Since my H1 B was rejected in 2013 will it impact my chances of getting the B1 visa?

4. Also in DS-160 it asks for any ID or SSN provided by US government. So Shall I fill my SSN code that was issued to me when I was in USA?

Thanks

Comment

Do you remember why your H1b was denied? That could be a critical component of a future B1 approval.

Comment

I actually don't remember it. I am trying to find any document if I can get, if any was handed over to me at that time with the reason mentioned.

Comment

Can you please help me with my queries that I posted earlier. I couldn't find any document related to my H1b stamping rejection.

Comment

Originally posted by mbd21 View Post
              Can you please help me with my queries that I posted earlier. I couldn't find any document related to my H1b stamping rejection.
              Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.
              Last edited by Bernard7499; 11-13-2021, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Member,
                Please see my response below.
                1. I have already been to US in 2008 on F1 visa and completed my Masters from US. After that I got a job and even got the H1 B but in 2013 I had to come to India and couldn't get the stamping and I never tried again for the visa after that. Now coming to 2021 I have my own company where I am the sole proprietor and also now I am married. So what are my chances of getting the B1 visa. The maximum tenure I would be going will be for 10-15 days max.
                Answer: With the exact reason and it is under B visa requirements you can surely get. But I am sure, you may have conversations with many questions.. The big hard time you will have is, you have to satisfy officer that you will not have any immigrant intent and travel would be only temporary.
                2. I can also get an invitation letter from one of the buyers for visa purpose, who I actually intend to meet. So will it help me in the visa process.
                Answer: Of course, invitation letter will help you. But please make note, documentations are secondary and primary is the information you share with them.
                3. Since my H1 B was rejected in 2013 will it impact my chances of getting the B1 visa?
                Answer: So, is your H1B got rejected? If so, did you find the answer, why it got rejected? Anyhow, people with similar situation got B visa approved in later stage. Its all in the situation happen at the time of interview.
                4. Also in DS-160 it asks for any ID or SSN provided by US government. So Shall I fill my SSN code that was issued to me when I was in USA?
                Answer: If you have SSN number then you can mention in the concern place.
                Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=mbd21;n770256]Can you please help me with the queries that I posted earlier. I couldn't find any document related to my H1b stamping rejection. upsers

did you checked it again
                  Last edited by wayneoo; 06-10-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X