Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa how to check validity

Hi,
    So I had a B1/B2 Visa processed through my Indian employer who I have stopped working for recently. My B1/ B2 Visa still has valid time left. Is the B1/B2 Visa linked/ dependent on my previous employer (or my professional association with them) ? Is there any way I can check online if my Visa is still valid (other than going to the port of entry and try to enter the US on the B2 part of the Visa) ?

Thanks

No, it's not linked to employer. No, you don't need to "check"

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. My fear is that I book an air ticket and find out at the airport/ port of entry that something is amiss.

Comment

Originally posted by manikmonday View Post
        Thank you for the reply. My fear is that I book an air ticket and find out at the airport/ port of entry that something is amiss.
        Just check if any annotation is written on your visa, which ties your visa to your earlier employer. If not, you are good to use that visa for any employer as long as you are able to prove that your B1 visit is purely for business (or B2 for tourism) & you'll return once your task is completed.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Just check if any annotation is written on your visa, which ties your visa to your earlier employer. If not, you are good to use that visa for any employer as long as you are able to prove that your B1 visit is purely for business (or B2 for tourism) & you'll return once your task is completed. 2 player games
          I want to know more about the specific time of the B1 visa card because I will go to India as an international student in the near future, but actually come to work.

Comment

charlestrevino Are we talking about Visa cards or visa foils (stamps)? :P I've never held a B-1 visa but I think they're still pretty stickers in one's passport... Joking aside: how do your plans to be an international student in India factor into your B-1 visa case? If you want to come to the US to work on a B-1 visa, well... That's something you probably shouldn't do, as it's forbidden by the terms of that visa. As for the validity of the visa, 10 years is standard for many countries but (to my knowledge) the visa officer has a fair amount of discretion in setting it. If you're admitted into the US on a B-1 visa, the border officer sets your maximum length of stay (measured in months, definitely not in years) for that admission.
            The above is my personal opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X