US B1 Visa advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US B1 Visa advice

So last year I applied for a visa to go visit my girlfriend that I met while studying abroad in California (I'm from the UK) not really knowing much I applied for a B2 visa for 4months and got declined. The interviewer said based on not enough ties and that I do not have sufficient funds my Visa was declined. I had prepared a really solid application but she was not interested in it at all.

I'm unsure whether it is worth even attempting to try go to the US again this year. It worries that I would get declined again, and that could end up leading to some more problems? Can anyone give me any advice on what to do?

I also did not mention that I am going to see my girlfriend last time I just said that I was visiting friends, should I specify that this time?

Background I'm British born but my family are indian both of my parents are British too I'm currently 22 and study Computer Science at University.
    Last edited by endro; 06-25-2022, 10:32 AM.

For B2 visa, you need to prove that your intention is not to stay permanently in USA & you'll be able to support yourself during your visit.

By saying you will be visiting your girlfriend, indirectly shows that you may have intention to marry her & stay in USA permanently (assuming she is US citizen or permanent resident).

Instead show proof of funds, a full time job at your current resident to prove that you'll return after your said visit.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful that you will write many more posts like this one.
      Last edited by SwansonS; 08-01-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Next year I will enter the US, are there any requirements that I need to prepare in advance?
        Last edited by abraham45; 09-07-2022, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Of course, I'd be happy to provide advice on the US B1 Visa:

The US B1 Visa is designed for temporary business visitors who want to enter the United States for business-related activities. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
          1. Purpose of Visit: The B1 Visa is intended for activities like attending business meetings, conferences, negotiations, or consulting with business associates. It's not meant for gainful employment or permanent residence.
          2. Documentation: Prepare a strong case by providing documents that support the purpose of your trip, such as an invitation letter, conference details, or business contacts.
          3. Application Process: Follow the official application process, which involves completing the DS-160 form, scheduling an interview at the US embassy or consulate, and paying the visa fee.
          4. Interview Preparation: Be ready to explain the purpose of your trip, your ties to your home country, and your intent to return after the visit. Consular officers are looking for genuine business purposes.
          5. Ties to Home Country: Show strong ties to your home country, such as family, job, property, or financial commitments. This demonstrates your intent to return after your visit.
          6. Duration: The B1 Visa allows for a stay of up to six months. Ensure your activities match the duration granted and do not violate visa terms.
          7. Honesty and Transparency: During the interview, answer questions honestly and concisely. Avoid providing unnecessary information that might raise concerns.
          8. Travel Itinerary: Have a clear itinerary of your trip, including details of meetings, events, and accommodations.
          9. Health Insurance: While not mandatory, having health insurance for your trip is advisable to cover unexpected medical expenses.
          10. Follow Regulations: Once in the US, adhere to the terms of the B1 Visa. Engage only in permissible activities and depart before the authorized stay expires.

Remember, the B1 Visa is for specific business activities, so it's important to accurately represent your intentions during the application and interview process. If you have any doubts, consult with immigration professionals or legal experts to ensure a smooth application process.

(Note: This advice is general in nature. Visa requirements and processes can change, so always refer to official sources and consult legal experts for personalized guidance.)

Comment

Obtaining a US B1 visa, which is designed for business travelers visiting the United States, requires careful planning and adherence to specific guidelines. It's essential to thoroughly prepare your visa application, ensuring that all required documents, such as a letter of invitation from a US-based business, a valid passport, and proof of ties to your home country, are in order. Attend your visa interview with confidence, ready to articulate the purpose of your trip and demonstrate your intent to return home after your business activities are complete. Be honest and concise in your responses to the consular officer's questions, and remember that the visa decision is at their discretion. Ultimately, it's crucial to stay informed about the latest visa requirements and regulations, seeking guidance from the US embassy or consulate in your home country or consulting with immigration experts if needed. diesel
            Last edited by SamWilliam; 10-12-2023, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Show strong ties to your home country - proof of employment, property ownership, bank accounts, family connections. Demonstrate you must return home. ​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X