Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a B1 Visa or not

Hi,

I’m a canadian entrepreneur base in Montreal. My business is to buy my merchandises from physical retailers and ship it to Amazon warehouses by UPS. I don’t ship to customers directly.

Yesterday, I went to cross the border and I have been refused to enter the USA because the custom officer said I need a work visa to do this. The thing, back in early August, I have call the border and explain my situation and they said that I don’t need a visa to do that because I’m a canadian base company and my incomes are in canadian base bank. I don’t bring back the merchandise back to Canada, it is ship by UPS in the United States. Couple of days after my call, I went to the border in Vermont, explain the same situation and the Customer officer let me pass with a Truck fee.

So I'm now very confuse. Two different days, two different custom officer and two different result. I have try to contact the US Consulate in Montreal and Ottawa, no answer!!

So bad for you. But there is no other way but the approval of the consulate if you are not cleared. Apart from the consulate, I can't think of a place that can help you with customs clearance.
    Last edited by cowboy87; 11-24-2022, 11:33 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X