Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documents to take for US B1-B2 Visa Interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents to take for US B1-B2 Visa Interview?

Does anybody have a complete list of documents/letters that should be AND are not obligatory but are recommended to take to the interview for a travel & tourism US Visa?

I know there’s a required documentation list on the official Gov website (passport, DS-160 confirmation page, fee receipt, photo etc) but I was wondering what else would be useful?

For example, what would be good evidence of family ties to home country? I was born and have always been in my home country, went to university here, work here and have no intention of moving elsewhere, and my parents are citizens of here as well. Do I need to take photocopies of my parents’ passports, or perhaps a letter from my employer stating that I work here and intend to return? Or my last few payslips?
    https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/
    Also I have extended family in the US whom I named on my application as my contact. Would it be useful for the family member that I’m staying with to provide an invitation letter, and if so, what would this contain?

For ability to pay all costs, can I take my bank statement?

Also, on my application I wrote that I intend to visit in September because I thought the wait for an interview would be long, but since I managed to book a Spring appointment, I would ideally like to visit in Summer. Would it be an issue to let them know I have changed my mind on this?

Any info is much appreciated, thanks!​
    Last edited by shido321; 11-04-2022, 07:35 AM.

Originally posted by shido321 View Post
    For example, what would be good evidence of family ties to home country? I was born and have always been in my home country, went to university here, work here and have no intention of moving elsewhere, and my parents are citizens of here as well. Do I need to take photocopies of my parents’ passports, or perhaps a letter from my employer stating that I work here and intend to return? Or my last few payslips?
    You need to prove your strong ties to your home country, for that you can produce, bank statements showing stable & enough income which can let you spend money on USA tourism. Property papers showing you own stuff in your home country, where you live with your family. etc.

​Also I have extended family in the US whom I named on my application as my contact. Would it be useful for the family member that I’m staying with to provide an invitation letter, and if so, what would this contain?
    Invitation letter not needed, but a proof of your reason visiting them, like attending a wedding could help.

​​For ability to pay all costs, can I take my bank statement?
    Bank statement showing consistent & long term saving along with regular income would help.

​​​Also, on my application I wrote that I intend to visit in September because I thought the wait for an interview would be long, but since I managed to book a Spring appointment, I would ideally like to visit in Summer. Would it be an issue to let them know I have changed my mind on this?
    Not an issue. Your travel plan can change even after on your visa approval.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X