Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Rejected twice Because 221G with H1B that applied previously

Hi,

Mine is the peculiar case with B1 Visa twice. I have gone to consulate at chennai for B1 visa interview on Oct 15 2010. Visa has rejected as I was unable to covince the VO.

Now, I have to tell one thing about my H1B. I went to H1B visa on Jun 18 2009 and 221G is issued to me. Later I verified with the employer who filed H1B about the query and they confirmed that it was about submiiting last two years tax papaers and They were unable to produce those and I left quite.

On Oct 2010 15, I again went to B1 interview at chennai and Visa has rejected as I was unable to covince the VO. At that time my present employer thought It was just a convincing probelm and I was sent to consulate again for B1 on Nov 15.

At that time VO asked me that : Did you apply H1 previously? I said "Yes".
    Then Would you like to with draw it, Then I Said "Yes".

So, Again I was sent to one more officer and he took some written letter that I am with drawing my H1B case. After that He told me that since you applied for H1 previously, we are unable to give B1 now, as it seems you are perminantly going to stay in the US. I was disppointed and came back.

Later, I discussed the situation with the employer who filed my H1B. then he has submitted some request to with draw the petetion and It is approved.

Now, My question is..
    1. Can I apply to H1B now ? or L1?
    2. are my chances are vanished to due to the above and Its impossible for me to get VISA?

Please respond some one.. and share your ideas... I will help me a lot?

Regards,
    Naga

H1 and L1 are dual intent and immigrant intent denials will not affect those.

Did you mention 221g in your B1 application? It is considered as denial and must be mentioned.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Yes I mentioned it in B1 application forms.

So, H1 B will work for me , If apply for it again ....right?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X