Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Extension

Hi,
    i applied for b1 visa and fortunately got it without any issue for 2 months period.. but due to unavidable situations i was not able to takeoff on the scheduled dates and now i am having problem with the number of days in US... my b1 is still valid... what are the possibilites of extending my VISA or what should i do to get some more days for stay in US

Stay in US is governed by the I94 document that gets stamped at the port of entry and not by the validity period of visa. Check you I-94 and see if is valid for more than 2 months. You can legally stay there as long as the expiry date mentioned in there. Visa validity is applicable only when you enter US.

Comment

In General, USCIS suggest applicants to file at least 45 days before their visa expires.For this, applicant's need a original I-94; written statement explaining in details the season of your request, departure arrangement, any effect the extended stay may have on your foreign employment or residency; and application fee US$300.

In your case, i am suggesting you to better consult a attorney inorder to process your issues as soon as possible.

Originally posted by vijayarumugam View Post
      Hi,
      i applied for b1 visa and fortunately got it without any issue for 2 months period.. but due to unavidable situations i was not able to takeoff on the scheduled dates and now i am having problem with the number of days in US... my b1 is still valid... what are the possibilites of extending my VISA or what should i do to get some more days for stay in US

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X