Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa Extension And Revisit Question

Hi,

I visited US in April 2008 and was granted only 1 week on I-94. I filed for extension till first week July and came back in June itself.

Later on, my application for extension was approved(and a new I-94 issued till July first week).

Now I have to travel the US again in June 2011 for about two months.

I have read in forums that applying for extension results in trouble when you visit US the next time.
    Just wanted to know if there will be any issues in my visit?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!

That is not automatically true.

However, I wonder why you were granted 1 week on I-94. Did you travel too much on B1/B2 visa earlier and is that why your stay allowed was so short?

Read https://www.immihelp.com/frequent-vi...visitors-visa/ for further details.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for responding!

I only had one visit before from Oct. 2007 to Nov. 2007. For some reason, the officer believed that I only need one week stay. I don't know why he did that to me.

As I understand, the point is that you should not spend more time in US(on B1) than your home country. If this is the case, there may be issues.

But in my case, its more than 3 years that I have visited US. Still I am a bit worried based on my last visit experience.

Wanted to have some expert(s) opinion on this.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X