Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa for international competition

Hi,

What a bad situation I have fallen in! I would be true here to ask for genuine advice to get my B1 VISa since it's very urgent.

I went for the Visa interview day before yesterday and got a refusal with a brochure handed over with Section 214 (b).
    Now, here's my case:
    I am the national winner of a software design competition by Microsoft and the international finals are to be held in US with teams from over 70 countries. An invitation letter from Microsoft was sent to me signed by a US Attorney.

Here' s the transcript of my interview with the VO.
    She pressed the button and I got my turn on a counter with a lady officer. As I was approaching, she smiled and I smiled back, wished here and she asked for the application and to which category I was applying.

VO: What's your purpose?
    Me: I have been invited by Microsoft for the international finals of **** competition after we won the national round.

VO: Is there only one team all over India?
    Me: Yes

VO: Is there any other person in your team?
    Me: Yes, there is another person in my team and he is applying for the VISA.

VO: Do you have an invitation letter from them?
    Me: Yes *slided the letter*.

VO: What are your parents doing?
    Me: My father is a government servant and my mother is a teacher at a convent school.

VO: What is the profession of your father?
    Me: He's a civil engineer.

VO: What is your current position in India?
    Me: I am currently in third year of my B.Tech and have to return to India and then career ahead.

VO: What do you intend to do after graduation?
    Me: After the graduation, I intend to get a good job experience.

VO: Do you intend to join any foreign university?
    Me: Not currently, I would prefer to get a job experience for 5-6 years and think about it.

VO: Ok, so you intend to study after the job?
    Me: Yes

VO: Have you shortlisted any university?
    Me: No such plans right now.
    She consulted with a male officer adjoining him for quite some time and returned back. I was numb and dumbstruck when I heard the response. She said, "Sorry Sir, you did not qualify for the VISA." *Gave a brochure with reason Section214(b)*
    I looked at her and tried to say that my graduation is still pending by trying to give my status. She said, "Sorry, documents won't help. You may re-apply but we cannot assure until the circumstance change significantly."

I wasn't saying a lie about anything and I already had the return tickets and the hotel booked by the company (which I should have shown myself).
    My other team member, who is exactly in the same circumstance got the VISA because he does not want to go for further studies. So he said, he would get a job from campus recruitment.
    Since, it is a lifetime opportunity for me to participate in the competiton, I have re-applied for interview after 10 days. I am not worried about anything except that they would have my previous answers and what if they again ask "Do you want to join any university in the future?"

I really do not want to for 5-6 years and that's what I said. What should I say now?

Say you don't want to do any further studies any more. That is your decision for now.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Wouldn't saying the above arise another question about me that "Did you change your mind in a week?"

Although, I am not sure what the VO lady wrote down in the reason but when she started typing something when she asked me "So, you want to study after your job?" and I said "Yes"

Also, I wanted to know in my case, do you see chance to qualify since they say re-applicants should present further convincing evidence. Really really tensed. My 12-months day and night preparation about to go into drain.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X