Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa on Cancelled Passport

Hi All,
    My B1 visa to US is valid till 2017 on a passport which was cancelled as pages were full. I was issued a new passport . Will the B1 Visa be valid? Please help!!

B1 Visa on Cancelled Passport

The Visa will still be valid there is Visa validity on Visa itself and Visa is valid till that date unless off course if there is any physical damage to the visa itself.

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

I applied for B1 visa and my case was sent for 221(g) administrative and they gave me pink slip.

Now in the administrative processing website, the status is changed to SENT PPT. I am supposed to send the passport for visa stamping.

The passport number in which I had applied for B1 visa is changed (due to running out of pages, I have re-issued a new passport). My old passport is canceled and in last page of new passport I am having details of the old passport.

Please reply to below queries:
      1. Does the US consulate still stamp the visa on my new passport?
      2. Is yes, then can I personally visit the consulate and get the visa stamped? How much time do they take to stamp the visa?
      3. If I am not allowed to visit personally, then how much time do they take to stamp the visa & send it via post?

PS: Saw this thread and copied my query here.

Thanks & regards,
      Last edited by new_b1; 10-30-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Any body here to guide me?

Thanks.

Originally posted by new_b1 View Post
        Hi Raghvi,

I applied for B1 visa and my case was sent for 221(g) administrative and they gave me pink slip.

Now in the administrative processing website, the status is changed to SENT PPT. I am supposed to send the passport for visa stamping.

The passport number in which I had applied for B1 visa is changed (due to running out of pages, I have re-issued a new passport). My old passport is canceled and in last page of new passport I am having details of the old passport.

Please reply to below queries:
        1. Does the US consulate still stamp the visa on my new passport?
        2. Is yes, then can I personally visit the consulate and get the visa stamped? How much time do they take to stamp the visa?
        3. If I am not allowed to visit personally, then how much time do they take to stamp the visa & send it via post?

PS: Saw this thread and copied my query here.

Thanks & regards,

Comment

Submit both old and new passport with a letter explaining the issue of the new passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi.

You have mentioned about the letter, what do you mean by this? Do I need to personally write the explaination?

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X