Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel on B1 visa for Job Interview in US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel on B1 visa for Job Interview in US?

I'm a software engineer and live in India. US company is interested to hire me, they asked me to come to US for final interview.

1. Is it allowed to travel to US for Job interview?
    2. can I travel on B1(Business) visa for Job Interview in US? if not B1 then on which visa allowed?
    3. If US company is ready to file visa and sponsor my trip. What difficulties I will face for Visa stamping in India and at port of entry?

Please share your experience or help me on this.

B1 is the visa for job interviews.
    Your company will send you the interview letter which you can show at the embassy/consulate
    along with other documents.

If the visa is granted or not , depends on the whim of the officer.

SInce you are going for an interview, they may assume that you will not return if you get the job. Assumption of NOT RETURNING on a visitor visa is a reason for denial.
    You have to show them current job commitments in India and that your travel is only for the interview and not for taking up the job.

If the visa is granted , port of entry is not a problem.

Comment

Thank you peace999!

Currently I'm working with Indian software company.

I can show my travel is only for Job interview. I do have valid H1B visa with me so if I get selected then definitely I will transfer H1B to the new company. My purpose of this trip is only to attend interview.

Do you think having valid H1B will create any more problems?

Comment

what is the problem with traveling on H1b? Why do you need a B1?
        Have you left the previous company?

Comment

what is the problem with traveling on H1b? Why do you need a B1?
          - My H1B is from a current employer and is for different customer and different location, I can not travel for job interview on H1B; even as per rules.

Have you left the previous company?
          no, Currently I'm working with the company who filed my H1B.

Do you still think having valid H1B will create any more problems?
          Last edited by RaghavK; 04-15-2012, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I am sorry, I am not getting it.

Why don't you travel on your existing H1b for the purpose of working with your current employer
            and you can also appear for the interview?
            Why are you not in US working on your existing H1b? Why are you in India?

Comment

Unofficially I can travel on H1B and come back but I want to go by legal way.

If I travel on H1B then my employer need to pay salary officially for those many days. That is the reason I would like to go on business visa for job interview, where US company will be paying for my trip.

I might travel on current H1B from current employer sometime this year end, canceled immediate travel due to personal reasons.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X