Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senior Members Please help !!!! Travel to US in B1 visa ( Business Visa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Members Please help !!!! Travel to US in B1 visa ( Business Visa)

Hello All,

I was working in India with a company "A" (US MNC) and got my B1 visa while working for them which is valid till 2015.

Then I traveled to US on H1B with a consultancy Company in June 2006 and visa expired on Oct 2011 and I returned to India before that.

Currently I am not working any where in India.

Now I want to travel to US alone while my family and kids & parents are in India to meet my brother in CA. Also want to attend some Professional IT trainings in USA.
    I can get the invitation letter for trainings.

My questions are:-
    1) Am I authorized to travel to USA on my B1 visa which has the "Company A" name on it for meeting my brother and his family.
    2) WHat documents I need to carry with me at the port on Entry.?

Please share your experiences and on any related information.

Thanks,

New_aspirant

Is your visa a multiple entry B1/B2 or simply a B1?
    What exactly does it say about the company A on the visa?

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      Is your visa a multiple entry B1/B2 or simply a B1?
      What exactly does it say about the company A on the visa?
      Thanks for your reply.

I checked on my visa once again. There is no company name written on the visa. I was mistaken.

However on the Visitor Visa it is Written "Visa Type / Class" under this it is written "R B1/B2"

What does this mean?

Comment

That is what I thought. They always give a B1/B2 combined so it can be used for either purpose
        B1- business or B2- pleasure, meeting relatives etc.

Yes, you can use it for either purpose.

The classification you will get on your I-94 card , when you enter US depends on the purpose you declare. If you will say you have come to meet relatives , you will get a B2 stamp on your
        card.

For company business you will get a B1. But for this you must choose your words very carefully.
        people have been sent back for saying training, knowledge transfer. These are beyond the
        scope of B1.
        If you have a doubt, just enter saying you are visiting your brother for a few weeks you will get a
        B2.

Comment

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
          That is what I thought. They always give a B1/B2 combined so it can be used for either purpose
          B1- business or B2- pleasure, meeting relatives etc.

Yes, you can use it for either purpose.

The classification you will get on your I-94 card , when you enter US depends on the purpose you declare. If you will say you have come to meet relatives , you will get a B2 stamp on your
          card.

For company business you will get a B1. But for this you must choose your words very carefully.
          people have been sent back for saying training, knowledge transfer. These are beyond the
          scope of B1.
          If you have a doubt, just enter saying you are visiting your brother for a few weeks you will get a
          B2.
          Hello, Here is a new Query..!!!

Today I informed about this to my H1 employer and they told me that Once I have travelled on H1 visa and worked in US. which is after my visit to US on B2. My B1/B2 visa issued in 2005 is useless. It stands cancelled. They have checked with their Attorney.

According to them I should Again apply for my Visitor visa to meet my brother in CA.

Is that true that my existing visitor visa is cancelled and I cannot travel on the same?

Is there any way to check the status of the visitor visa.?

Should I apply for another visitor visa.?

Thanks,

New_aspirant

Comment

No, that is not true.

While it is true that you cannot concurrently hold, say, L1 and H1, or H1 and H4 (and many other combinations), is perfectly OK to hold B1/B2 and H1/H4/L1/L2.

While you apply for *entry* to the US @ POE, at that time you would select which visa you will use, which would determine your status and length of stay.

So as long as your B1/B2 visa hasn't yet expired, and it allows multiple entries, and hasn't been marked CANCELLED in your passport by the US embassy/CBP officer at POE on previous visit - you're free to travel to the USA w/ it.

Comment

Hello All,

Need your help here.

I am planning to travel to US Next week to meet my brother and see some places around in CA.

Also received the scanned (Signed) invitation letter via email.

I have a valid B1/B2 as discussed above. I want to stay there for 2 - 3 months.

What should I tell at the POE.

Thanks,

New Aspirant.

Comment

I was able to travel to USA on my visitor Visa

I was able to travel to USA on my visitor Visa.

Thanks to all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X