IWP Interview Waiver Program -Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWP Interview Waiver Program -Experiences

Interview Waiver Program is introduced just 3-4 months back and there is no much information on experiences , discussions available on net.

You can check if you are eligible for IWP on VFS site

I have been issuded B1/B2 US visa 4-5 times - every time one year visa.( At Mumbai)
    I was never rejected for US visa
    I am ten finger printed when I got my visa in 2009
    During last three times I was put under 221g. Every time it is cleared without any problem but had to wait for clearance 0.5 -1.5 months

Now I applied under IWP and at VFS office following documents have been submitted
    Application confirmation letter, passport, photo, HDFC receipt
    VFS person told that there is no need to attach any supporting documnent ( business letter etc)

1) How many days it would take to get my passport ( with visa) in my hand?

2) Will they call me for interview for showing supporting documents?

3) Will they put me again under 221g?

4) Will you please share you experience if applied under IWP

Thanks
    PS

Any more information or Experience?

Originally posted by ps2675 View Post
    Interview Waiver Program is introduced just 3-4 months back and there is no much information on experiences , discussions available on net.

You can check if you are eligible for IWP on VFS site

I have been issuded B1/B2 US visa 4-5 times - every time one year visa.( At Mumbai)
    I was never rejected for US visa
    I am ten finger printed when I got my visa in 2009
    During last three times I was put under 221g. Every time it is cleared without any problem but had to wait for clearance 0.5 -1.5 months

Now I applied under IWP and at VFS office following documents have been submitted
    Application confirmation letter, passport, photo, HDFC receipt
    VFS person told that there is no need to attach any supporting documnent ( business letter etc)

1) How many days it would take to get my passport ( with visa) in my hand?

2) Will they call me for interview for showing supporting documents?

3) Will they put me again under 221g?

4) Will you please share you experience if applied under IWP

Thanks
    PS
    Any more information or Experience?

Comment

I just applied for my childs IWP last week. I wish I read some experiences about IWP before I applied, I would have opted for personal interview instead. With IWP, it would take indefinite time, is what I understand from searching for answers. Nobody knows about what is the exact procedure for this as its new- neither VFS or the travel agents. Planning to fly on 1st week of sept for a wedding. I wish if it was a personal interview atleast we would know if the visa is approved or not and make plans accordingly. Now there is no way, except to just wait, and god knows how long this would take. I wish there was a way in which I can cancel this and opt for personal interview instead.

Btw , why was your visa stamped only for 1 year. Cos they give 10 year multiple entry visa for B1/B2.

Comment

IWP Experience and 221g

This in continuation for the thread I initiated .
        After submitting my application with passport at VFS office , after 4-5 days I got my passport back indicating -Interview required.
        I did not have to take any appointment date and I went directly to US consulate Mumbai.
        There VO asked me just 1-2 questions and told every thing is OK with your application but as usual gave me 221g green pending letter.
        I submitted my resume, business invitation letters etc by email.

After 3 weeks I noticed my CEAC barcode number on pending visa check list site

I submitted my passport again to VFS office and after 3 days I got my passport with visa stamp.

This is the 6th time I got my US visa - as usual for one year.

I being researcher they would always put me under 221g and issue only one year visa.

When I asked VO why every time I am put under 221 g , I was told that
        The clearance ( which is obtained for 221 g) is valid for one year and next time if you apply before your visa gets expired you wont be put under 221g.

Comment

Interview Waiver Program (IWP) for B2 Visa - experience at Hyderabad

Hi,

IWP is a relatively new program and there are few experiences found online so far. So thought I would share mine in case it helps anyone.

I had a 10 year, multiple entry B1/B2 US Visa which expired in 2009 and met all criteria for applying for IWP. So I decided to go ahead and apply.

Step 1 - I filled in my DS-160 online and paid the fess at HDFC Bank but did not schedule any interview.

Step 2 - Went to VFS Centre in Hyderabad. Submitted my passport (current and old with previous US Visa stamping), IWP checklist, HDFC receipt, one photograph and DS-160 confirmation page with CEAC barcode. I was issued appointment letter for fingerprinting at the US Consulate then and there itself at VFS for the next week. I was asked whether I would like to collect the passport after processing myself or have it courriered to me. Since I do not live in Hyderabad, I opted for the courrier option and was asked to fill in a form for the same at VFS.

Step 3 - On the date of appointment, I reported at the US Consulate with the appointment letter and copy of DS-160 confirmation page. After clearing security check, I was taken to a first counter where everyone's DS-160 was scanned and tokens were alloted. When my token number came up, I was called to the respective window where I gave my fingerprints. The officer at the counter then verified that all ten prints were taken properly and said I could leave. After confirming with the staff present near the waiting area, I left the Consulate. I was told by them that it usually takes 5 working days for the application to be processed and passport to be returned.

Step 4 - Two days after my fingerprinting, I received an SMS from VFS that my application has been processed. A few hours after that, I got an email and SMS from VFS saying that my passport has been handed over to Blue Dart for courrier. You can also check the status of your passport at the VFS website.

Step 5 - Two days later i.e. on the 4th day after my ten-printing, I recieved my passport at my address with US Visa stamping for 10 years, multiple entry (B1/B2).

I would like to say that the IWP is a commendable initiative. Staff at the VFS Centre, Hyderabad and US Consulate, Hyderabad are very helpful, patient and efficient. Entire process is very prompt and even if someone has absolutely no idea what to do, the staff will guide you the whole way.

I hope this experience is helpful to other applicants.

Comment

is it necessary to use IWP if eligible or can we apply under normal visa interview.

Hi, After going through this thread I feel I should apply under normal visa category.Im eligible for IWP program for my student visa F1.Wanted to know if its necessary to apply under IWP(if eligible) or i can still apply for normal visa interview.

Comment

Required Documents for Interview waiver program for B2 visa

Hello,

I'm planning to apply for Visitor Visa for my parents using Interview waiver program for B2 (Tourism) Visa.

Can you please let me know if we need to submit all the documents we had to submit when we first applied for the
              Visitor Visa like Affidavits, Invitation letters, Bank Statements, Sponsor Tax documents, Cover letter to Consulate etc....?
              Or just the DS160 form and pay the required fees?

I couldn't find this details online.

Thanks

Comment

you get an online IWP ( interview waiver) checklist of things to submit AFTER you create an account , submit the form and pay the fees.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X