different purpose of visit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different purpose of visit..

me and my husband intend to travel to the us on b1 to write usmle step 2 cs exam and do observership for 3 months.. both of us are doctors.. but we have our b1b2 visa approved with tourism as the purpose of visit.. dint mention about the exam in the interview.. we will be telling that we are giving our exams at the port of entry.. is it ok to have different purpose of visit from the one we applied visa for ?

Originally posted by Sowmi2cool View Post
    me and my husband intend to travel to the us on b1 to write usmle step 2 cs exam and do observership for 3 months.. both of us are doctors.. but we have our b1b2 visa approved with tourism as the purpose of visit.. dint mention about the exam in the interview.. we will be telling that we are giving our exams at the port of entry.. is it ok to have different purpose of visit from the one we applied visa for ?
    If the visa type is indeed B1/B2, the visa isn't expired, and the purpose of your visit is compatible with the expected use of a B1/B2 visa - then you can travel on that visa even if, when originally issued, you stated a different intent.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_mouse View Post
      If the visa type is indeed B1/B2, the visa isn't expired, and the purpose of your visit is compatible with the expected use of a B1/B2 visa - then you can travel on that visa even if, when originally issued, you stated a different intent.
      will there be any issues at the port of entry if me and my husband travel together ? since we are doctors and writing an exam there ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X