Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get to American for selling my design project with Business Visitor Visas (B-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get to American for selling my design project with Business Visitor Visas (B-1)

Hi:

I would like to ask a few questions for travelling to American for two months.

I am holding a Chinese passport. I have been living in New Zealand for 10 years, and have got Permanent Residency of New Zealand, but not Citizenship of New Zealand. Thus, I need a visa to get to American. I have been studying and doing my own research projects for most of time. I haven't done much full time job in New Zealand.

Recently, I finish my own design project, and want to sell my design to the company in the US. It is really important design for me and the key to my future career success. I cannot just recklessly send my design to these US company through mail or internet. Therefore, I need to get to Amercian and talk to the product managers of American company face to face. Then, I can negotiate a price for my design, or let me carry on my design project and work for these company who interest to my design.

In my case, am I eligeable for Business Visitor Visas (B-1) to American? As I concern that the American Consular may reject my Business Visitor Visas (B-1) application, because I am going to sell my design project to US company, but I am also very likely to work for US company after negotiate my design project. Then, I would be considered as intending immigrant. Thus, can I get to US with Business Visitor Visas (B-1) in my situation?????

I really need to get to the US and contact with Big American company, so my design can become valuable. This is most important application in my life so far, I really need valuable advices. Thanks you very much for helps.
    yes
    0.00%
    yes2
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

You can certainly come to the U.S. on Business visa to attempt to sell your design to the U.S. company.

However, after that, you can't work for them on business visa.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Can the Local Consular reject my Business Visitor Visas due to intending immigrant?

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      You can certainly come to the U.S. on Business visa to attempt to sell your design to the U.S. company.

However, after that, you can't work for them on business visa.

Thanks for reply. I am not really plan to work in the U.S. company after selling my design. I just want to get to the U.S first, so I can show my design to the big American company.

Is it possible that the Local Immigrant Consular in New Zealand reject my Business Visitor Visas (B-1) application???? For instance, the consular may think my design is not useful to U.S. Company, they think that I just want to get to the U.S. for job searching with my design project.

That is my main concern, I don't want my application get reject by the U.S Immigrant Consular. Once get rejected, then it is hard for me to apply any visa to America in future.

Comment

There are no guarantees. There is always a possibilty.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I also have plan B, apply for Visitor Visas (B-2) - purpose of travel is Pleasure

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
          Hi:

I also have another plan that apply for Visitor Visas (B-2) - purpose of travel is Pleasure. I am not going to mention about selling my design to the U.S company during the interview with local U.S immigrant consular. I just tell the consular I want to travel around American with my travel itinerary.

However, I am not sure whether I have sufficient social background tie with New Zealand, so I can success with my application for Visas (B-2) - purpose of travel is Pleasure.

I have been living in New Zealand for 10 years, I have permanent residency status with New Zealand. Since I going to travel to the U.S, I am just going back to study in University with Engineering Degree this semester.

The negative side: I am single with no family member in New Zealand. I have no job, no house and other property. I am holding Chinese passport.

The worst thing is that: I made a phone call to local American Consular in New Zealand for general information one month ago. The problems happened, during this phone call, they asked my passport Numbers, then I gave them my passport number. Then, I asked them a lot of questions like; how to work in the US, can people change their visitor visa to work visa after they arrived in American. This is not like that I am going to travel to American for Pleasure and Tourism.

Since they record my passport number, the contents of my conversation which has strong intending immigrant. Then, my application is going to fail, if I continue applying for Visitor Visas (B-2) - purpose of travel is Pleasure, Tourism. Am I right????

It seems that I made a stupid mistake, how could I give them my passport number and ask how to work in American while I am going to apply for Tourist Visa. Could you give me advice how to carry on my temporary visa application to American in current situation?

Thus, I am either to apply for Visitor Visas (B-2) - purpose of travel is Pleasure or apply for Business Visitor Visas (B-1) to American for selling my design. Which way give me higher possibility to get to the America???
          Last edited by skyocean117; 08-10-2012, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X