Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizenship Application Fee Waiver Question

Hi

My parents living with me in my apartment, and they are receiving Michigan State Medicaid full Benefit (Medical benefits). They are not working so no income at all.

when applying US Citizenship, do they qualify for application fee waiver? as no income and receiving state benefit?

or USCIS counts as a household income and my income will count on that and it will dis qualify them?

just asking.

Thank you.

See the memo
    Last edited by samlynn; 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

thats a means tested benefit. just get a letter from your medical office and attach that with the waiver.

Comment

Once they are receiving benefits, that alone can qualify them, for a wave of fee. Make sure you are able to submit all proofs.
        On the issue of household income, your income, will be checked, but it would be based off the amount of occupant and in accordance with Government's Household Income Guidelines.
        I do not know your salary but feel, they may strongly be able to qualified. Good luck!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=inadmissible;418820]See the memo

Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
          Once they are receiving benefits, that alone can qualify them, for a wave of fee. Make sure you are able to submit all proofs.
          On the issue of household income, your income, will be checked, but it would be based off the amount of occupant and in accordance with Government's Household Income Guidelines.
          I do not know your salary but feel, they may strongly be able to qualified. Good luck!!!!
          Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
          thats a means tested benefit. just get a letter from your medical office and attach that with the waiver.
          Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X