Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

citizenship interview scheduled in a different state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• citizenship interview scheduled in a different state?

Hi,

I applied for citizenship back in September last year in NY, and in June this year, I changed my residential address (within the same jurisdiction- NY), and also my mailing address (to my daughter's address) in NJ (because I travel a lot, and it would be preferable for my daughter to get any notifications from USCIS). I now have an interview scheduled in NEWARK, NJ in 2 weeks, and I am a bit confused why it has been scheduled in NJ instead of NY?

I am afraid that if I say I am still a NY resident, I will not be allowed to do the interview on the day? It already has been over a year, and I do not want to wait any longer due to jurisdictional issues... Do you have any idea why I would be scheduled an interview in NJ? Any advices what I should do?

Thank you very much.

It was scheduled in New Jersey because your address change resulted in a case jurisdiction change. Go to the interview location and get it over with. You are lucky, because many of these case transfers result in cases being lost or delayed for new waiting periods.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sparky7942 View Post
    Hi,

I applied for citizenship back in September last year in NY, and in June this year, I changed my residential address (within the same jurisdiction- NY), and also my mailing address (to my daughter's address) in NJ (because I travel a lot, and it would be preferable for my daughter to get any notifications from USCIS). I now have an interview scheduled in NEWARK, NJ in 2 weeks, and I am a bit confused why it has been scheduled in NJ instead of NY?

I am afraid that if I say I am still a NY resident, I will not be allowed to do the interview on the day? It already has been over a year, and I do not want to wait any longer due to jurisdictional issues... Do you have any idea why I would be scheduled an interview in NJ? Any advices what I should do?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      It was scheduled in New Jersey because your address change resulted in a case jurisdiction change. Go to the interview location and get it over with. You are lucky, because many of these case transfers result in cases being lost or delayed for new waiting periods.

--Ray B
      Thank you very much for your response. The reason I asked this question is because my residential address is still in NY. I believe they looked at my mailing address (my daughter's address in NJ), and thought that I have moved to NJ. I am afraid that when I go to the interview and show my NY driver's license, the immigration officer may question my jurisdiction and not proceed with the interview... Do you think this might be a possibility?

Thank you again.

Comment

There are many reasons that your interview was scheduled in NJ. My advice is to consider that it would be easier to go to Newark for the interview than to hassle with USCIS to get it changed.

--Ray B

Thank you very much for your response. The reason I asked this question is because my residential address is still in NY. I believe they looked at my mailing address (my daughter's address in NJ), and thought that I have moved to NJ. I am afraid that when I go to the interview and show my NY driver's license, the immigration officer may question my jurisdiction and not proceed with the interview... Do you think this might be a possibility?

Thank you again.

Comment

Guidelines for Outstanding Citizenship Essay

Thank you again.
          There is always a possibility, to begin with. Second of all, it is good when people ask questions. Feel free to ask more questions. Thirdly, I am not very good at law but once again, there is always a possibility.

Comment

I have a big programming project due soon and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I could really use some programming project help to get me through this. If anyone has any experience with this type of work, please reach out.​
            Last edited by gregadamson; 03-28-2023, 05:21 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X