Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleared English Test but No decision can be made based on dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared English Test but No decision can be made based on dates?

Hi,

I had my interview done today at New York office. All went ok, but when I was asked about my application form, the officer asked me about my trips, I had 6 trips in the last five years all less than 6 months. So that was not a problem.

She said that the number of days I spent outside the US mentioned in the forms are 912 but what she calculated, she corrected the number of days in the form and she said that the total is 928 days. I said I did the approximation as it was difficult to remember each and every trip exact dates. She said that but still there is a difference. And then she started the civic test whcih i passed and she said great. Then she handed me the letter which showed that i have passed the test but No decison can be made yet. She said she will give it to her supervisor for review and you will get to hear with in 120 days.

I want to ask what will happen now? because I full fill the other requirements and everything else went fine. Also, my husband will get his interview date soon and he also has the same travel history as of mine. Should he mention the corrections in the number of days before his interview starts?

Thanks.

You will most likely be denied, because first, you were dishonest about the days you were out of country and second 928 days (2.54 years) will make you ineligible for citizenship. Why would you cut it so close with all your travel? 912 days happens to be exactly 30 months and you can't be out of the country more than that. Be a resident, fulfill the requirements, then apply again properly.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe2017 View Post
      You will most likely be denied, because first, you were dishonest about the days you were out of country and second 928 days (2.54 years) will make you ineligible for citizenship. Why would you cut it so close with all your travel? 912 days happens to be exactly 30 months and you can't be out of the country more than that. Be a resident, fulfill the requirements, then apply again properly.
      You applied too soon. You have to be totally accurate about your dates with respect to time spent outside of the United States.
      Passport usage is on the computer. They know when you were in the country, and when you were not.

I have a student who has spent too much time out of the country. I think that he has a business in his country. No problem, but he needs to be physically here more than he is not.
      He chose to wait until his travel calms down a bit. it may take him about two years to "erase" his travel history and make himself more eligible for Citizenship.

Now you have to hope that they overlook it, but I doubt it.
      If they deny your Citizenship, try again in the future. Don't give up.

As for your husband, count the days carefully, don't guess. Each day counts, not a general month or week here or there.

They are fairly exact about this.

Good Luck.

Comment

When applying for N 400 bear in mind that they are very strict when you travel outside the country longer than six months. That is why on your interview you will be asked for your passports. They will find this all when they send your application to the FBI after your biometrics (finger printing).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X