Rescheduling my oath ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescheduling my oath ceremony

I received my oath ceremony letter couple days back and I am scheduled for 15th November for oath. Unfortunately I have pre-booked tickets to travel outside the country with family which I don't want to cancel. I have sent letter for rescheduling this to USCIS field office in Houston but would like to know form anyone here what happens next? will they send me letter confirming my appointment for 15th November is cancelled and what about next appointment letter in terms of timeline, anyone here has similar experience?

Would highly suggest that you do not reschedule your oath ceremony. Please go through the forum and Google and see the threads on those that did. There is one lady that did and she had to wait a year before she got rescheduled again. But that depends how important going on the scheduled trip vs. getting your citizenship is to you. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mann View Post
      I received my oath ceremony letter couple days back and I am scheduled for 15th November for oath. Unfortunately I have pre-booked tickets to travel outside the country with family which I don't want to cancel. I have sent letter for rescheduling this to USCIS field office in Houston but would like to know form anyone here what happens next? will they send me letter confirming my appointment for 15th November is cancelled and what about next appointment letter in terms of timeline, anyone here has similar experience?
      I would NOT reschedule your oath ceremony. You are technically not a citizen until you go to the oath ceremony.

Sometimes, the rescheduling takes a year!

Comment

I would NOT reschedule, unless you want to add months if not longer to your process. You can also search on v i s a j o u r n e y dot com for more answers. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X