Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after interview - no decision can be made at this time

Hi,

I had my naturalization interview two weeks ago. I had some issues, since some information on my application was wrong (but I did give the officer the correct information during interview), and officer was confused about my trips. So, she said she needed to review everything and I would receive a letter at home, but she didn't tell me when.

How long does it take for them to review it and send me some update about my citizenship?

Do you think I will have some trouble due to the wrong information on the application form and my trips? (I had many trips outside country, but only one of them last more than 6 months - it last 7 months to be exact).

Thanks

when was ur interview and when did u apply ? which state u applied from ??
    please share time line ...

Comment

Originally posted by mn414 View Post
      when was ur interview and when did u apply ? which state u applied from ??
      please share time line ...
      Hi, my application in from NYC

applied - 06/28/2017
      fingerprint - 08/02/2017
      interview - 03/28/2018

Comment

Any update to this?

Comment

Originally posted by jennylee23 View Post
          Any update to this?
          No updates.

Comment

Originally posted by mocaperez View Post
            No updates.
            I heard you need to wait at least 120 days sometimes quicker

Comment

Originally posted by jennylee23 View Post
              I heard you need to wait at least 120 days sometimes quicker

Hi mocaperez,

I don't think you'll have any issues with the mistakes on the dates as long as you corrected them on the interview. Did they ask you for copies of your passport stamps? They did for me.

My case resembles yours a little bit. I had my interview 08-15-2018. I didn't have any mistakes on the dates but after the interview the officer did say she wanted to go over my trip dates again,( I also had a trip over 6 months (8months)). She told me to go home and wait for a reply on the mail. She said "we have 120 days to respond to you, but hopefully, it won't be as long". Sadly, it was longer than that. 8 months later I finally received a reply yesterday 04-17-18 with a request for evidence that I did not abandon my residence during that long trip.

They say they have 120 days to respond to you, but really there's not much you can do about it if they haven't replied to you by that time, unless your case is outside "Normal Processing times" (Check the website).

Sadly, if an officer needs to review a case, sometimes the case just sits there for a while before they go back and look at it again. Hope this isn't your case and the bad luck was just for me! Keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by lacarlap View Post
                Hi mocaperez,

I don't think you'll have any issues with the mistakes on the dates as long as you corrected them on the interview. Did they ask you for copies of your passport stamps? They did for me.

My case resembles yours a little bit. I had my interview 08-15-2018. I didn't have any mistakes on the dates but after the interview the officer did say she wanted to go over my trip dates again,( I also had a trip over 6 months (8months)). She told me to go home and wait for a reply on the mail. She said "we have 120 days to respond to you, but hopefully, it won't be as long". Sadly, it was longer than that. 8 months later I finally received a reply yesterday 04-17-18 with a request for evidence that I did not abandon my residence during that long trip.

They say they have 120 days to respond to you, but really there's not much you can do about it if they haven't replied to you by that time, unless your case is outside "Normal Processing times" (Check the website).

Sadly, if an officer needs to review a case, sometimes the case just sits there for a while before they go back and look at it again. Hope this isn't your case and the bad luck was just for me! Keep us posted!

I am sorry to hear that it took so long and you didn't even receive a positive response yet. I hope mine won't take so long! In what state did you apply?
                I gave the officer copies of stamps, passports and proof with the reason why I traveled for 7 months, along with tax return for that year. I hope it is enough and they don't ask for more documents.

Please, keep me updated about your case as well! I want to know how it goes!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X