Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with "Proof of Domicile in the US"

Hi,
    My wife is Egyptian/American, she lived two years only in the US when she was a baby, and then moved back to Egypt, she doesn't have a bank account there, an SSN & never voted before
    our petition was accepted and sent to NVC to complete the documents, she is applying for me(Spouse) & two kids (3years and 8years)
    how to provide the Domicile in the US ? we are planning anyway to move to the US together once we receive the PR

Let's discuss proving domicile after she is already actually domiciled in the United States

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Let's discuss proving domicile after she is already actually domiciled in the United States
      Thanks a lot for your feedback
      do you mean that she needs to move first to the US before providing anything ? if yes, for how long she needs to stay in the US before taking an action ?

Comment

Originally posted by c.omran View Post
        Thanks a lot for your feedback
        do you mean that she needs to move first to the US before providing anything ? if yes, for how long she needs to stay in the US before taking an action ?
        Also what about if I managed to open for her a bank account in the US from here in Egypt, transferred her funds from Egypt to that account, and asked her to register our kids in a school, would this be sufficient to them ? I am not sure if I am worrying to much about this or not, by logic she will not be apart from her two kids and we will be moving to the US together

Comment

what do you think guys ?

Comment

Originally posted by c.omran View Post
            what do you think guys ?
            It depends, while she had never been there as an adult, the INTENTION of re-establishing domicile would be factored in as well - for example, she is looking for jobs there, getting a drivers license, keeping up with all the backdated taxes etc.

So it varies depending on USCIS case worker i suppose.

it would be easier if she can go to the USA first, open a bank account, get drivers license, get a place to rent etc, then that would be counted as proofs of establishing domicile in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by abumiqdad View Post
              It depends, while she had never been there as an adult, the INTENTION of re-establishing domicile would be factored in as well - for example, she is looking for jobs there, getting a drivers license, keeping up with all the backdated taxes etc.

So it varies depending on USCIS case worker i suppose.

it would be easier if she can go to the USA first, open a bank account, get drivers license, get a place to rent etc, then that would be counted as proofs of establishing domicile in the USA.
              Thanks a lot !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X