Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - Hawaii

Dear Immihelp,
    I applied for citizenship 2 months ago, my center is in CA my local office is in the state of Hawaii, Honolulu.

I already did the fingerprint yesterday. Do you know how long the process takes here in HI, from the fingerprint till the next interview, then from interview to Oath ?

I also asked for a name change which I used before changing it. Will it slow down a lot the Naturalization process ?

And to make it even more complicated, I had a DUI on Thanksgiving 2003 and gotten a 5 years probation with Comm.services, DUI classes etc... I finished all the required classes and CS and sent all the originals to the INS. Will I be rejected because of one DUI &/or because of the probation ?

Thanks for your help.
    coco

1. Please don't ask timing related question. That really varies all the time.
    2. Yes. You will have to go through separate court proceedings.
    3. Should not be a problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

IMM Name change

I understand about the time it might take. Thanks however for Q/A #2 and #3. It helps.
      I still have a question regarding #2 the change of name. Will I, physically, have to go to court myself or is it done without my presence ?
      If my presence is not required, how is the name being applied after the Oath ?

Thanks again

Coco

Comment

N400 - Hawaii Process

I didn't get replies to my last request but I want to let all HI people know of my process as of now.
        Got my fingerprint on May 31st
        I am having my Interview on August 9th.

It took 2 months from fingerprint to interviews. I am saying it takes 2 months FOR ME b/c I have issues as CHANGE OF NAME and other issues. I think the time is pretty good for all.

Also you guys in HI, do not pay much attention to the local office docs process dates. There are not updated the site on a regular basis.

Since I didn't find any related thread on HI Aloha beautiful state, I thought that I could help the ohana people outthere.
        Will post more after the 9th and will all let you know.

Aloha

Coco

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X