Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air line submitted wrong travel history to USCIS make N400 denial ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air line submitted wrong travel history to USCIS make N400 denial ?

I can claim a compensation from Airline for the following mistake?
    ,, because an international Air line mentioned to USCIS that i flew in international flight for tickets issued but changed and not used in mentioned time stated in my n400 denial letter ,
    this mistake increased my absent days out side USA which is the reason for denial my N400

The burden of proof is always on you for any n-400, so if you can prove that you didnt take the flight, like showing that you dont have the passsport entry(us stamp) or exit(your country stamp) stamp in your valid foreign passport, then you would be able to prove to USCIS that the airline is mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by gar21233 View Post
      The burden of proof is always on you for any n-400, so if you can prove that you didnt take the flight, like showing that you dont have the passsport entry(us stamp) or exit(your country stamp) stamp in your valid foreign passport, then you would be able to prove to USCIS that the airline is mistaken.

the issue not the burden ,, i have all i need to prove ,,, theissue to prove that to USCIS i have to wait appeal processing time 9 months to prove my self ,,,, and air line nothing to do ,,, forthat i ask if i have right to claim and compastation
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by hghallab View Post
        the issue not the burden ,, i have all i need to prove ,,, theissue to prove that to USCIS i have to wait appeal processing time 9 months to prove my self ,,,, and air line nothing to do ,,, forthat i ask if i have right to claim and compastation
        thanks
        that's a question not for an immigration officer

get a free consultation with a litigation lawyer.

if they take your case for a % they are confident you will get something.

can you prove hardship caused by the airline?
        Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
        Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
        Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

i have the same mistake on my travel history when i check on CBP website, i called them they said i don't have to worry because USCIS has their own system to check applicants travel history, i applied for citizenship on July 2018, which means i have several months to go, i was advised to submit a FOIA request to get my correct travel history.
          i'm worried about this, i don't want my application to get denied because of it, any advise ?

Comment

I am on the same boat. I didn’t know about the I-94 travel records until very recently. I found numerous errors . I was planning to apply for citizenship next year. But with multiple erroneous entries (which shows I entered and exited USA when I was already in USA). I’ll have 6 months shortage if I count these errors. I called To the CBP local office, I 94 center. No luck. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

As far as the Border Patrol Freedom of Information Act is concerned...

I applied to get my entry and exit information as an academic exercise just to see how it works.

When you apply online, you will automatically get an "Estimated Completion Date" which is one month after the application.
              However, that estimate is meaningless. It's now exactly 3 months after my application and I still have not received any data.

I don't know how long it will take to complete but it is NOT a rapid process.

Comment

I just did FOIA for entry/ exit record too. I wonder if they use the same method/ database to give record under FOIA. If so, it will still show the same wrong information.

Comment

It's highly unlikely that the US Border Patrol would rely on Airlines to get their definitive entry and exits.
                  That simply could not work if you cross the border by land or by sea.
                  Also, it is common for people to book a ticket and then change travel arrangements or cancel at the last minute.
                  Business people do that all the time. I've done it myself. That's precisely why airlines overbook many of their flights.

When you cross customs, you are checked by an Immigration Officer who scans your green card or passport and sometimes they perform biometric checks too.
                  That's the only reliable way of knowing who crossed the border when and where.
                  As far as I'm concerned, airline records are meaningless and unreliable. USCIS should know that.
                  $0.02
                  Last edited by N400questions; 10-26-2019, 02:57 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X