Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naturalization: 'In line for oath ceremony' ... forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization: 'In line for oath ceremony' ... forever?

I was at my interview on December 18 at Norfolk, Virginia. My naturalization was approved the same day.
    Since then NOTHING has moved. It is like 2 months, is that normal?

When I check my status on I get: 'We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxx'

What should I do, this is pretty frustrating...

I also did my interview in Norfolk VA, on January 30, and was approved the same day. The officer told me to expect a letter with the ceremony date in around 2 months. Since then my status is the same as yours (2 weeks have passed).

Comment

Originally posted by cmrabet View Post
      I also did my interview in Norfolk VA, on January 30, and was approved the same day. The officer told me to expect a letter with the ceremony date in around 2 months. Since then my status is the same as yours (2 weeks have passed).
      any movement? I have no update. Still in 'line for oath'.

Comment

Originally posted by lady_on_megaton View Post
        any movement? I have no update. Still in 'line for oath'.
        Not yet, and now it's even worse, they don't show the estimated completion time anymore, instead they show this:

*We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.*

This is not a good sign.. the estimated completion time (which for me was 4 months until yesterday), was kind of the only hope we had that our cases had an actual "end"..

Comment

I waited 12 months for my interview which took place last week, I went in prepared with a travel document and had my oath ceremony set for the following week. I just completed the oath ceremony yesterday and now applying for passports. During the process the website never updated my application status - we ended up getting letters in the mail. I live in Dallas Texas.
          Last edited by onedah; 03-01-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I was interviewed last November 2018 in Dallas, TX. Up until now, Im still waiting to receive my schedule for oath taking. I already called USCIS customer service and inquired about my case, but they said that I am still ?within the processing time?. Kinda frustrated but I don?t know what else to do about it but to just wait. My friend, who was interviewed 2 wks ago had her oath taking ceremony last wk and we both had request for change of name.

Comment

Naturalization Norfolk

still no movement. I am at about 80 days after my naturalization interview, application approved, no oath letter, no action at all. Egov.uscis.gov status is still "in line for your oath ceremony"...

Comment

still no movement. I am at about 80 days after my naturalization interview, application approved, no oath letter, no action at all. Egov.uscis.gov status is still "in line for your oath ceremony"...
                Same here.. since January 30th, "In line for Oath Ceremony".

Where do you live? Perhaps there are no enough people for a ceremony yet?

Comment

so frustrating

Same here.. since January 30th, "In line for Oath Ceremony".

Where do you live? Perhaps there are no enough people for a ceremony yet?
                  I passed interview 3month ago ,still nothing

Comment

This is annoying and frustrating.
                    Norfolk, VA office. Attended an interview on December 18, 2018. The last update is "we approved your application" from December 18, but nothing...No oath was scheduled. No update, no letter, no explanation.
                    R&D scientist with PhD, paying taxes from corporate salary for 10+ years and this treatment is just not right.

Comment

This is annoying and frustrating.
                      Norfolk, VA office. Attended an interview on December 18, 2018. The last update is "we approved your application" from December 18, but nothing...No oath was scheduled. No update, no letter, no explanation.
                      R&D scientist with PhD, paying taxes from corporate salary for 10+ years and this treatment is just not right.
                      What's the estimated completion time that shows on your USCIS online profile? Mine says 3 months.

Also where do you live? Which city?

Comment

What's the estimated completion time that shows on your USCIS online profile? Mine says 3 months.

Also, where do you live? Which city?
                        There is no end date on mine...I think since it was approved they stopped showing any completion time... and no oath, no letter, no explanation, for about 3 months.... https://imgur.com/a/rLuijUe
                        I live in Virginia capital...

Comment

I just got an update, as of 14 March, status changed into: We scheduled your naturalization ceremony...
                          Still no letter, so unclear when will that ceremony take place...

Comment

I just got an update, as of 14 March, status changed into: We scheduled your naturalization ceremony...
                            Still no letter, so unclear when will that ceremony take place...
                            Congrats!!!!

You can see the letter in digital format under the Documents link, in your my.uscis.gov account even before it's mailed .. this way you can see the date in advance.

I'm still waiting here though, I know there is a ceremony on April 12 where I live.. I think if I don't get anything this week I can forget about it and hope to get scheduled for the next one (May 29).

Comment

I went for a Naturalization interview on Jan 14th 2019, the interview went well but after the interview, the immigration officer that interviewed me said i passed the english and civic test but unfortunately she's unable to approve my application right on the spot because my "A-FILE" is not in the building. she said they requested for my A-file but haven't got to the building then she said ones they received my A-file decision would be made on my application and i will get decision in the mail.. Please does anyone has the same issue with N400 interview? Please i need help with this cause am little nervous about this...

PD... Nov 3 2017..... (ATLANTA GA FIELD OFFICE)

Biometrics... Nov 28 2017

Interview... July 30 2018

Interview Date.... Sep 4 2018

UNABLE TO DO THE INTERVIEW CAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY FILE

Interview De-scheduled... December 3 2018

Interview Re-scheduled... December 14 2018

Interview Date... January 14th 2019 ..... DECISION CAN NOT BE MADE.. A-FILE is not in the BUILDING

TODAY IS MARCH 21 STILL NO UPDATE MY ONLINE STATUS HAVEN'T CHANGED SINCE MY INTERVIEW ITS SAYS" We scheduled your Interview"

Please your advice on this would be much appreciated..

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X