No announcement yet.

USCIS trasnferred case to another filed office because she could not provide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS trasnferred case to another filed office because she could not provide

After she passed majority of interview ..English / civic etc....officer asked her to provide NJ state issued ID - but she never made one.
    So she offered health insurance / bank statement / usps change of address but officer said these docs are not reliable / acceptable.

Than later they transferred to another field office. (Seattle WA) because officer said her move to NJ was temporary and her actual residence state
    is WA.

Now what will happen. She is still in NJ ....file is transferred to Seattle WA . .she has to file another new application and pay full fees again?

She has to move back to live in Seattle jurisdiction and live there for at least 3 months before she can get another interview or apply again?

She does not have any state ID from WA state either.

Originally posted by curiousv View Post
    After she passed majority of interview ..English / civic etc....officer asked her to provide NJ state issued ID - but she never made one.
    So she offered health insurance / bank statement / usps change of address but officer said these docs are not reliable / acceptable.

Than later they transferred to another field office. (Seattle WA) because officer said her move to NJ was temporary and her actual residence state
    is WA.

Now what will happen. She is still in NJ ....file is transferred to Seattle WA . .she has to file another new application and pay full fees again?

She has to move back to live in Seattle jurisdiction and live there for at least 3 months before she can get another interview or apply again?

She does not have any state ID from WA state either.
    WHY did she move to NJ? Was she living there the FULL 3 months before filing? Did she bring utility bills in her name, rent receipts clearly showing that she lived in NJ, etc? It sounds as if they do not believe that she has clearly met the criteria for being a NJ resident for the full 3 months. It is easy to get a state I.D. if you live there. Not sure why this was denied except for what I stated above.
    I would have her contact both the Seattle office and the NJ office and see what the problem is.

Maybe they have good reasons for their actions. If you get no good answers, consult and attorney.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by suziq38 View Post
      WHY did she move to NJ? Was she living there the FULL 3 months before filing? Did she bring utility bills in her name, rent receipts clearly showing that she lived in NJ, etc? It sounds as if they do not believe that she has clearly met the criteria for being a NJ resident for the full 3 months. It is easy to get a state I.D. if you live there. Not sure why this was denied except for what I stated above.
      I would have her contact both the Seattle office and the NJ office and see what the problem is.

Maybe they have good reasons for their actions. If you get no good answers, consult and attorney.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Good luck.
      She moved to NJ because she was bored in Lakewood WA ...she was missing Indian community so she went to live with a friend for a while...her intention was to live there at least about 2 years. occasionally she would visit WA in between. That was her plan. At the time of moving or filing we did not know that in NJ things are faster compared to Seattle.

At the time of application she was there for 5 months.

Now case is transferred to Seattle field office for review.

I understand officer thought that she does not meet residency requirement of NJ so Seattle has jurisdiction over her case. (she has filed all tax returns from WA in last 5 years)

But if I am not reading the rules/laws incorrectly ..as long as she was in NJ for at least 3 months prior to application and she had no plans to move within 3 months after application ..her case should be adjudicated from Mt .Laurel Field office.

Any you advised to contact both filed office ...but Mt. Laurel does not give infopass ...their phone customer service is not of any use.
      So how do we communicate/put our point of view to both offices?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X